Should I buy this Kayak? Kestreal 140TCS

Thanks Waterbird

Thanks for the Fathom recommedation. I will write that down for later just in case. I was actually looking at Eddylines online earlier today wondering what my next kayak might be. I am married with 2 small kids (3 and 1 year old), so that is what will probably hold me back for a while from moving onto my next kayak.

Thanks for the craigslist website. I stumbled across it once a while ago but couldn’t find again. That is very helpful for doing CL searches.

If money is an object
Your experience buying the Kestrel shows that it is possible to buy high-end products for not too much money. Craigslist is the key. I paid nothing at all for my Eddyline kayak and Werner all-carbon paddle. Zero. Zilch. I used Craigslist to gradually trade up from a rotomolded recreational kayak and an all-plastic paddle. $400 magically turned into $3000.

Money is never an object if you think creatively.

Waterbird

Wow that is amazing! Sounds like if you are patient and creative you can get just about anything on CL.

That’s correct
In fact, if you’re patient and creative you can get just about anything you wish for in life. Just banish “I can’t afford that” from your vocabulary and substitute, “I’m going to figure out how to get that” whatever it is.

Ever heard of the Law of Attraction? That’s it. A foolproof way to connect with what you want.

I think there is surfing in Iowa
They have rivers. Sometimes rivers are the best surfing. I’d buy one that old for about half the price of a new one if it was in good shape.