I currently own a Scupper pro kayak (with a rudder) which I use for daytime paddling in Mediterranean. I like its low sitting position and the ability to lean. However It feels quite slow and hard to propell, both on flat water and especially when cutting through a wind chop.
I’m considering to upgrade to Kaskazi Dorado 2 and would like to know how it compares to Scupper in the following fields:
- Will it be noticeably quicker and have a better glide?
- Will it cut better through a chop and against the wind?
- Is the Dorado as seaworthy as the Scupper is? (I’m looking for more “SINK like” behaviour)
- How the Dorado can handle landing or launching through a 4-5 feet surf?
- How the sitting position in Dorado compares to Scupper? Lower or higher?ability to brace?
- Is it much harder to load on a car?
I can’t paddle one before I buy it, however I can try and sit in it.
I occasionally paddle a SINK sea kayak in a club but when going out alone I feel much more comfortable and safer in a SOT.
Any help would be appreciated