Show me some pretty color schemes

I feel the need to remind you that I have envy. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was super lucky to find that Prana - I would have taken almost any color!
I’ve given her a proper clean up and polish since those pics were taken. I have a weather window on Friday-Saturday for another trip to the TX gulf, so look out for some shiny pics next week!

3 Likes

I was not completely on board with this color initially but it has really grown on me… good choices, sorry bout the envy! (If I knew how to do emojis id put the one of me hiding under a chair here)

1 Like

Oh sorry, not boat envy, even though yours is sure pretty. I was talking about your home location envy. No need to hide under a chair, though. It’s always good to see people living beautiful lives! I think envy is the wrong word, but I’m not sure what the right one should be.

Wait - I do envy at least one of your canoes! So there’s that.

1 Like

Three for one.

1 Like

Metal flake is also heavy! I have never ordered it for that reason. Looks so cool though.

1 Like

I need to get clarity on that. It turns out it is not expensive as my dealer thought, but we were assuming it’s only a few ounces. I will be very happy to get this boat under 40 lbs, which it looks like it will be - even if I don’t get a kevlar/carbon deck (it will have a carbon/kevlar hull). A custom bulkhead position and no foot pegs is shaving some weight. Since I loathe foot pegs with every fiber of my paddler’s being, it’s a win-win.

2 Likes

Same. Lucky to find mine too.
We can try to “one up” each other on pics from this weeked. I’ll be on the Apalachicola.

Cool colors but, this scheme seems like it would be invisible on open water (almost any water really).

The song of the single blade is calling your name!

1 Like

Yes definitely! I’d remembered you mentioning that trip…I even Googled the Apalachicola. Looks very cool!
I’m timing this trip in between two fronts crossing Texas. Looks like it’ll work out to give me tailwinds both ways :slight_smile:

Wow those colour picking tools are so fun! I’m ALWAYS partial to green boats and the green and yellow combos I’ve seen. Plus, every time I see a bright green boat along side almost any other color on the water, the bright green is the most visible.

4 Likes

I’ve seen a boat (a Valley Nordkapp if I remember correctly) with a similar color scheme. It was very unique!

1 Like

So, when I was talking to the Sterling folks about colors, one point that came up with hull color is that the bottom of the boat is where the usual scratches and dings will happen. If there is a need to repair, it can be challenging for the DIYer to get the right color match. If the hull is white, it is a bit easier to get close to a match.

I was sold on white since I am inclined to DIY and appreciate the KISS approach.

sing

6 Likes

Perhaps, but I don’t count on boats being able to see my kayak anyway. I considered reversing the colors and having the boat be lime green, because it’s gorgeous, but I don’t think my brain would enjoy looking at that for very long. I love the turquoise and, if I get run over by a boat, I’m quite sure it won’t be because I chose the wrong color kayak.

1 Like

Most definitely. I will definitely be getting a canoe at some point.

1 Like

I considered going with a clear hull, but evidently the clear kevlar/carbon hulls are not as strong. I also saw a video where the scratches on a clear hull look really terrible. I could hardly see the scratches on my previous white hull.

1 Like

@sing That is a fabulous piece of info I would never have thought of! Thank you!!

@Pru fair point!! I’m on inland lakes a fair bit with motor boats going every which way. I take precautions to stay out of their channels as much as possible, but also love visibility too. Plus, I’m REALLY partial to green anyway, so that helps :slight_smile:

But the turquoise is gorgeous!!! @mickp has a beautiful Prana!

2 Likes

I go out on the Ohio River where there are a lot of power boats (and barges!). My head is always on a swivel and I am very careful when I cross. I’m quite certain most don’t see me until we make eye contact.

2 Likes