Shut up and paddle

Look at it this way, Dagger.
I’m at least one person, who knows for a fact that you are indeed someone who “walks the walk” and ACTUALLY PADDLES all year round. (And like me, my guess is minimally 2-3 times a week when things are running high enough.)

So in my book, you already have a distinct advantage over the multitude of anonynmous, argumentative, limited and/or non-paddling psycho-babblers who frequent this website. Enjoy!

if and when you go
thanks, sing, for all your good posts. I learned a lot from you in the first few months I was here. That’s what I like best about p.net: you can get a ton of good information fast. (Plus a ton of “byproduct”) :slight_smile: Then at some point there kicks in a law of diminishing returns. Have enjoyed the general outlook on life too, good food for thought, thanks.

B.

Those words cost more than

…my kayak.

C’mon now, some of us aren’t scholars… just paddlers. (or is it just me?)

Not surprising, GK…Most things cost
more than your kaya–Uh-oh! There I go!

Guilty as charged! Hijacking a thread and

taken it somewhere other than on the topic.

Well, It’s not “yankee talk,” GK.

Ask any sixth grader (Damn, I better watch

it…From what I hear that Reb’s a pretty

feisty paddler too.)

anonynmous

– Last Updated: Mar-17-08 12:03 PM EST –

yep, that spellings priceless ;-).
signed, another yankee who lived near a bunch of colleges for awhile.
I'll still paddle with ya' next month SB (spiritboat, not sonofa...)

I guess it was quite a mouthful.
Can’t we all just…lighten up?

-Regards to Rodney King.

true philosophy
The great thing about P.net is that we can pick and choose our topic of interest. There are many posts that I never open or some threads I do not read because they do not interest me. If you choose to read a thread and have a valid response then O.K., but “just shut up” is only rude, and will never have intended consequences.

Those who truly embrace the philosophy, “just shut up and go paddle”, are never going to post here, they are instead out paddling. So, if you are sitting here posting then you are not “just shutting up” nor are you out paddling. It seems to me that you need to examine the true meaning of that advice.

This forum includes many types: students, jokers, non-paddlers, true paddlers, competitors, instructors, recreationists, professionals, newbies, moss-backs, ad infinitum. There’s room for all. If you see a thread that does not interest you, don’t open it.

echo that
I’m STILL learning from sing!

applause

the thread I opened

– Last Updated: Mar-17-08 1:21 PM EST –

did interest me.....
Right now I'm at work, and can't paddle, paddle being a euphemism for doing what I really want to be doing. It's okay, at 4:10 I'll hit "mountain biking.com" read thru some snarlfest, then go riding ;-). Just kidding, not sure if mtb.com even exists.If it does I'll be sure to post "shut up and ride ;-0", because I'm sure it'll work for me.

be careful
I’m not sure what results when you go to a mountain bike site and tell people to shut up and paddle!

huh,where’d ya read that?NM

you know you want to find out, though
Go ahead. Just for laughs…

To keep our sanity.
When my wife who was a total stranger to boating and I took up tandem canoeing we had to learn a lot about communication in a hurry. One particularly challenging situation required that we paddle through a 4 ft wide flood control gate, against the current, on a small river nearby. It obviously required precise control and one wrong stroke would send us off track and back downstream a bit. After much back and forth “instruction” we arrived at the phrase “just shut up and paddle”. One of my son’s even printed up a pair of T-shirts for us with the above advice on it. We both wore them at Canoecopia this year. Sometimes very good advice indeed!

Tom

I’ll do it
for a dollar, payable in advance. Well, maybe for a euro…

Here’s my shirt

– Last Updated: Mar-17-08 3:42 PM EST –

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2398891480101772546uWAWWi

just wish it didn't say ww at the top.

wish it didn’t say WW???
well, there goes this thread. Geez, Richard I even sided with ya’ up there with the fancy language. I’m hurt ;-).