Signs of fall.

Not too much turning along the AuSable (Michigan) this weekend. A somewhat interesting drive up on Friday with the wind but that died down over night. Mid-30s in the morning but no frost - warming up to the 60s with sun & blue skies. Not much better for a fall paddle on the South Branch. Everyone else went home Saturday night we we explored the Wakely Lake trails.

A beautiful day for a road trip as we made a quick run to Gaylord.

Color change is really beginning to show in the Eastern UP. Once south of the bridge the color change is starting but rather sporadic and subtle south of the bridge. Windy again today. Been rather blustery for a number of days and the sky is getting that heavy look. My kind of weather.

@Yooper16

So you got to be a troll for a day! :slight_smile:

Hoping for a sunny non-blustry weekend here when the fall colors start to shine. Windy chilly days are best spent stacking firewood.

Post-equinox tugs the amber orb down.
Low-angle projection is gilding the crowns,
as meadow and knoll in verdant recession,
take the gold highlight hue to their orange-red progression.

And cricket chorines in tempo do race,
till the eve’s chill much sooner thinning number and pace,
as the song slips away leading fall into sound,
of the gray wind-pushed sky being scratched with leaves brown.

@Rookie said:
@Yooper16

So you got to be a troll for a day! :slight_smile:

Hoping for a sunny non-blustry weekend here when the fall colors start to shine. Windy chilly days are best spent stacking firewood.

We’ve only been out on the water once in the past 3 weeks or so as it has been quite breezey most every day.

Sadly we don’t have a wood burner at this house as I always enjoyed our treks into our woodlot. The woodburner was also a good place to use the cut-offs from the remodel efforts.

There was a lot of traffic. I realize that time changes things, but many years ago you could go for a couple of miles on I-75 and not see another car.

Happy stacking.