Skeg needed for Heritage 18" Sheerwater (?)

I just inherited my brother’s 18’ Heritage SOT. Beautiful boat. It has a slot for a skeg, but no skeg… (Photo below). I would like to add one. The skeg from my 12’ Hop on Top does not fit. My 16’ hop on top has a UL Fin skeg but I can’t see the model number and do not want to remove it to see if it will fit on the Heritage 18’. I paddle a lot off the coast of Maine so I think the skeg will be very helpful. Any suggestions on what type of skeg will fit (it has the slot shown and a track inside for the skeg to slide into position). Thanks for whatever help you can give.

Besides the chipped gel coat you have a problem with missing pin and the cable status is unknown. Personally I’d try the company and order one, or most likely I’d find one to copy and make your own. The pin hole often goes into the rear compartment so it’s status could be important.

Thank you. The company is no longer in business so I am reaching out to those who may know. Thanks again.

Why not , put a rudder on it? I have 1, that came with a rudder on it, would probably be easier to do, than trying to fit the skeg, as not a lot of room to work.

Thank you. The company is no longer in business so I am reaching out to those who may know. Thanks again.