Sleeping Bear Dunes Camping and paddling

I have been paddling about 15 years, using both rec and sea kayaks, and tent camping much longer. I am getting a hard sided pop up aframe camper in Janaury and would like to go to sleeping bear dunes area as I heard it was great for paddling. Does anyone have a recommendation for a place to stay in that area with a 15 foot pop up that would be convenient to good kayaking. What are the best places to kayak if I plan to stay for several days through a week? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I don’t plan to go until the summer, just wanted to make reservations soon. Advice on when to go based on water temperature would be appreciated. I don’t have a wet or dry suit but I am considering purchasing a semi-dry suit for colder weather kayaking. I live in Pennsylvania, so just pulled out my kayak for the last trip last week.
Cindihope

Platte River at the South end & D. H. Day at the North end. Intermediate launch in Empire. Water is warmest in August & September but keep an eye & ear on the weather. Reservations through recreation.gov.

Thanks so much!