Small hole in my Drysuit gasket

I have a small horse-shoe shaped tear on the upper part of my drysuit wrist gasket. The is not a split or blowout near the wrist, but rather a puncture about half the size of a dime. It is covered by my neoprene gloves when I wear them. Is there any way to repair the gasket or do I have to replace it? The rest of the gasket is in great shape, but I must have snagged it on something.

Try
patching it with Aquaseal on both sides. It may prevent the hole from enlarging when stretched.

Joe

Seam Grip
Try Mcnetts ‘Seam Grip’. It is a multi-use sealer commonly used to seal tent seams but works extremely well on the likes of dry bags, gaskets, etc. Good camping stores stock the stuff. Flexable and long lasting.

A bicycle tire patch worked for me.
This summer I accidently cut a slice through my drytop neck gasket with a broken (and sharp!) fingernail. We used a thin tire patch cut to size on both the inner and outer sides of the gasket, and so far it has held up perfectly. I used a thinner patch as it had more stretch than the thicker kinds, and the gasket area around the patch has not gotten stretched or thinned out at all.

duct tape
i had a piece of duct tape on a tiny hole in a leg gasket for over 1 year. never had the slightest problem. was still on there when i sent the suit in to have kokotat add booties to it.

af

bicycle tire patch …
best option = bicycle tire patch . second best = duct tape. other options don’t work … tried 'em all.

Yup…
a rubber patch will get you through the season. Than replace the gasket.

sing

Muchos Gracias!
I’ll try the tire patch this weekend! Thanks!