Snow!!! More like gobs of slush pouring down.

Looks like winter is finally here. Was supposed to be on the way to Ocala. Glad I’m not.

“Gobs of slush
pouring down”?
Why, that’s always
fallin’ near me.

But it sure ain’t funny
as drifts 'way your money,
They claim lines snowman’s pockets in D.C.
(In question of weather or not policy.)

Love how the South gets belted first. !
We’ll get real snow tomorrow.

@kayamedic said:
Love how the South gets belted first. !
We’ll get real snow tomorrow.

Great Lakes got nailed before the south; particularly the tip of the mitt. About 20" so far and still falling. My kayak’s been replaced by a snowblower. :confused:

At least ours will be gone tomorrow.
Clear and much colder.

We’ll have it tomorrow too.

Rookie we’re running behind. Only about 4 inches so far and it left
I’m so sorry you replaced fun(kayak) with work(snowblower)
It seems we need a snowblower we can steer by paddling it and sitting in it

Snow shoes?

@kayamedic said:
Rookie we’re running behind. Only about 4 inches so far and it left
I’m so sorry you replaced fun(kayak) with work(snowblower)
It seems we need a snowblower we can steer by paddling it and sitting in it

Only four inches? That’s just sparkly frosting on the landscape. Constant bands of lake effect snow today. Another 12" to move but at least it was light and fluffy. We play on the Great Lakes in the summer, now it’s their turn to play with us. The power of water in a different form.

Wouldn’t that be fun? A kayak or canoe that would jettison snow. No PFDs needed; just a drysuit, good gloves and a face mask.

I love looking at snow…on the TV in my living room in Florida.

We are going to miss the snow. We got 2.76 inches of rain today. Glad the thunder and lightning didn’t come with wind the ground is kinda squishy. When those conditions get together trees fall.

Stay warm .

String, are you coming down to Ocala? Let me know if you’d like to dip a paddle. I’ve got a couple extra boats!

7 days ago:
A lovely paddle on a 70+ day on the calm ocean waters off south Georgia.
This morning:
A blustery cool, rainy, 40 degree day in the northern FL (in other words, a typical winter day in Seattle)
(btw, I prefer a sunny day in the 30’s to the above (or even a snowy day in the 30’s to the above))

Finally… Some snow … and the gift of surf.

Bored with Pond Atlantic.

sing

@tjalmy said:
String, are you coming down to Ocala? Let me know if you’d like to dip a paddle. I’ve got a couple extra boats!

Tom, I was coming but I’ll wait until it feels like Florida. My brother and I are talking about January.

We have a gentle snow falling now. Yards are covered but the streets are clear. 37°

@string said:
We have a gentle snow falling now. Yards are covered but the streets are clear. 37°

My old Maine Coon cat , who has always liked wet and cold, won’t get off my lap.
We now have Towhees for the first time this winter. The cold must be pushing them south.

@string said:

Things could be worse there. Like here.

A little snow should never stop the fanatic.

https://youtu.be/c5JHRfLoETQ

@Rookie said:

@string said:

Things could be worse there. Like here.

Beautiful. But no thanks. Ours is gone.