So I say " I might just give up paddling."

SHE says, quite emphatically " oh NO you aren’t!!!"
“I may need a new boat”.
" It isn’t here yet?"
Is there a message here? Sometimes I’m a bit dense.
After another 6 weeks of confinement, I could probably get away with a girlfriend.
Is this the marital bliss I’ve heard about but seldom witnessed?
Dr. Swartzwalt would know.

:smiley: Sounds like true love :heart: to me!

New boat AND a girlfriend. Yeah man.

The boat would cost less!

…they’ll forgive a boat purchase, but the girl friend is a different matter. Unless she’s a real dog.

A real dog cost less than a girlfriend. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have dogs and I couldn’t handle 2 women. And 2 boats should be enough.

@string said:
“And 2 boats should be enough.”

Man snap out of it! Have you lost all sense of perspective!!

@castoff said:

@string said:
“And 2 boats should be enough.”

Man snap out of it! Have you lost all sense of perspective!!

I said “should be”. Everyone on here knows better.

Heck I know people with 3 examples of the same canoe! You don’t even have one open canoe? How about Guest Boats? Rare antiques?

I know a few people that you can visit if you need inspiration.

Personally I’m fine with 2; 2 14 footers, 2 15 footers, 2 Swifts, 2 Bells, 2 wood/canvas…wait a sec there’s only one wood/canvas?!

@TomL said:
Heck I know people with 3 examples of the same canoe! You don’t even have one open canoe? How about Guest Boats? Rare antiques?

I know a few people that you can visit if you need inspiration.

Personally I’m fine with 2; 2 14 footers, 2 15 footers, 2 Swifts, 2 Bells, 2 wood/canvas…wait a sec there’s only one wood/canvas?!

I only have to check in here when I’m thinking about another boat to realize there are people more nutz than I am.

:slight_smile:

I have 2 sea kayaks, down to 3 canoes, sold 2 (one to string) to fiance a sailboat, and looking for another!

My late wife once asked me , “Just how many guns does a man need to have?”. Without hesitation I said, 135. I think it applies to boats too. You don’t NEED either one, but why not.?

No I don’t have 135 boats or guns. :wink:

Based on being told no paddling until June, I may get more serious about shooting which I really enjoyed for years.

@castoff said:
I have 2 sea kayaks, down to 3 canoes, sold 2 (one to string) to fiance a sailboat, and looking for another!

Another what?

My wife says there’s no such thing as too much, there’s only enough and not enough.

I have 7 canoes and feel good about it since I know a few people with many dozens. If I had to go down to 6 then one of the two tandems would go since I don’t have any non-essential solo boats.

People that golf have more than one club, right?