So who's still fishing?

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!
Poor AL…we pick on him sooooo Bad! :wink: Course Al can give as good as he gets.

Fishing
yes I am still fishing1 I’m up here in the Northeast but still trying to get one last triop and catch! What are the temps in your area?

The other day Friday after Thanksgiving I got he itch it was about 45 then dropped but I didn’t have to do any ice cutting! HAppy to hear others are still trying!

Chris1

qual1cah@aol.com

Fished today
Went to Pueblo and fought the wind. West end of the lake is iced over.

Was messing around with a new boat and fishfinder combination.

Did catch a 18 inch rainbow trolling a rapala.

Chris1
It was an absolutely georgous day here in the Valley. Temps hit the upper 50’s about 2:00PM. I worked in the yard all morning putting the final touches on the Fall cleanup/prep for winter. Loaded up the baot and hit the south fork of the Doah. Caught 4 fish in 3 hours…but they were all fat, happy and better than 13 inches each. So that makes it official…I had a goal to catch a smallmouth every month of the year…and have now done so.

Still Fishing from an RS’r
Hey Herschel, whats happening. I just bought a Pam 100. After floating with you guys at the last rodeo, I bit the bullet and got yak and rack. I’ve been out on some smaller lakes last week. Our flows are all messed up right now for yakking. Still hammered some greenies and caught some crappies. I will be ready to roll with the crew when the next rodeo rolls around in the spring.

Still fishing
Down here on the lower Texas coast we never really quit. Jan - june is some of the best flats and bay fishing of the year.

my buddy Steve got a Bonefish on
a Mini Mouse rod and reel combo yesterday, less than a lb but the pink rod was hysterical, Lobsterboat should be back in the water by weekend

got off easy cost me less than 4 grand.

Nope, but that’s not 'cause of temps
It’s because of a basement remodel, new job, prepping for second daughter, and a whole assortment of other belly-aches. I keep hoping for time, and not finding it.

I’ll tell you what though, paddling with DaggerDave and Airedrifter and some other folks from RS has got me bit pretty hard by the WW bug. I’ve posted a few posts in this forum about creek boats for those instances when the trips are more about paddling than fishing.

So far as fishing goes, I’ve got a tradition of breaking in my license on New Year’s Day. A couple of times I’ve had to go where I knew of springs flowing into a lake to find water that isn’t hard to be able to cast a line. Cold won’t keep me from fishing. Just honey-dos. I don’t use the 'yak in those temps yet, but will as soon as I get a dry top.

• Big D

Congrats Ecraig!!!
Okay, now you’ve done it…now you’re hooked! Lookin’ forward to the weather turning about late March and we can go back on the water whenever we want down here. As it is, you have to pick and choose your days… 'Doah is blown out right now, high fast and ‘choclate’…but falling. I get the whole week off after Christmas and I’m hoping that tradition follows as it has the last few years and we get some ‘really’ nice days during that time period. Was on the south fork with BMP and Spud on the 3rd of Jan last year…caught some nice fish too!

Big D…if you have too much water up there, come out my way a tad, water tends to be a bit lower out in the Valley. Hope Mom (and Dad) are doing well.

Nice to see you guys over here. Been thinking me and Dirty Ed were the only ones from RS that knew about P-net! I get my fishing fix from RS, but I have learned more stuff about paddling and boats from the fine folks over here. Well worth the time spent.

High water indeed!
I was thinking about a Sunday paddle. During Saturday errands, my daughter asked for a river adventure. We went by Brunswick to check for Sunday. The oxbow was up the ramp half-way into the ‘danger zone’ and running with a strong current even lapping up behind the bridge pillar. Not good. When I checked guages, it was 10’ at Harper’s Ferry at that time. Yuck. The Micro-paddler and I had a good time tossing leaves into the river and picking up rocks and yelling “hello” and “good-bye” to sticks floating by and stuff like that though.

• Big D

I see you trained her right 'D
I did the same with mine at that age…spent a lot of time just “watching the river flow” as the old song goes.

Her own paddle
The kid screams bloody murder if she’s in a boat without her own paddle. I bought her one of the cheap aluminum and plastic paddle models for $20 at Bass Pro Shops. She’s got a decent stroke when we sit in the boat in the side yard, but the water still scares her a little. AD gave her some instruction with a Werner over at his house one afternoon when I dropped by there for something or other. Thank goodness she didn’t decide she needed a paddle like Uncle Mike’s!

• Big D

AD is da man
if you want ww instruction to be sure. He knows his stuff. Of course he’s a new Daddy himself so a little practice with a wee-one is good for him.