Some no longer made boats

Mariner Express, Lettman, and my Artisan Millennium furthest away. Prospector canoe is still made. Later Ken showed up in his Wenonah Voyager. Umbagog trip 2017.

What did the owner think of the Express (in foreground)? Despite having neither rudder nor skeg, it was famous for the hull design which supposedly did fine in rough water.

I was wondering about the express also. They used float/stuff bags for flotation, and had no bulkheads or hatches. I think some folks used a cockpit sock as well.

I’m glad to hear that my former boat is getting some good use and seeing new water. Ken’s Voyager.

I paddled it! Enjoyed it, but would not enjoy having to paddle it in a high wind. Had it up to 5.7 mph with a double blade.

The Express is excellent in high winds. Mine is sitting in storage. Want to bring it to Alaska. Still love my original Mariner

I believe they were talking about the Voyager and high winds.

Yes, the Voyager. Scott’s Mariner does handle winds well and is quite fast too. He and I have paddled together many times. The Voyager can carry a ton of stuff, but I like the way my Sawyer Summersong paddles more.

@castoff said:
I believe they were talking about the Voyager and high winds.

Couple of people asking about The Express.

@Andy_Szymczak said:
I paddled it! Enjoyed it, but would not enjoy having to paddle it in a high wind. Had it up to 5.7 mph with a double blade.

One reason that Ken has it is that it is a handful in any crosswind. If you look up weather cocking there should be a photo of a Voyager…