1-3 spots open for private Glacier Bay Sea Kayak trip 08/23 - 09/05/16
Come join our team for a sea kayak adventure into the heart of the east arm of Glacier Bay National Park located in South East Alaska.
Basic trip details:
- Private trip (non guided)/ goal is to keep cost as low as possible - all costs will be shared and transparent.
- Dates from Juneau, Alaska: August 23 - September 5, 2016 (if traveling from elsewhere to Juneau will need to plan to be in Juneau by 08/22 or 08/23 latest for early ferry to Gustavus, Alaska on 08/24)
- 13 day trip includes travel and staging time from Juneau to Gustavus
- 9 days/8 nights on the water
- Trip team goal: 6-8 people/ trip currently has 5 people
- Spots available: 1-3
- Trip cost est: $1200 - $1500 from Juneau/Gustuvus Alaska. The cost will depend on final team size - the plan is to minimize costs as much as possible. At this price point it is an excellent deal! A comparable 8 day GB trip in the east arm by commercial guides runs $2700
- Logistics and planning will require team support on the lead up to the trip.
- Trip will be staged out of Juneau Alaska
Experience: Preferred adventuresome and outdoorsy types who have experience with camping in outdoors and dealing with the elements. Experienced kayakers and water sports enthusiast preferred but not absolute requirement*.
*If inexperienced kayaker you will need to plan to have a partner and will paddle in tandem kayak rented from outfitters in Gustavus. Only experienced sea kayakers will be allowed to paddle solo and will need to bring their own boat and dry suit.