Spring Ozark Rendezvous Dates Set

its warm enough now for cold beer
Inside the bar…Im going to venture that way tomorrow night after work as a matter o fact…thanks for the toasts… Ill repay them tomorrow as well my friends …I heard a rumor its going to be sunny and 50 here Saturday…sounds like a chance to paddle the blue river

Lucky Jack
We’re forecast for a high of 44 Saturday, but with the single digit and below zero highs we’ve had recently I don’t thing the water will turn liquid again in that one day :slight_smile: Hope you can get your paddle wet.

woops
I forgot to mention there will be plenty in my camp Bob so yes come on over for a Toddy my friend…U2 Dick,Pete everybody

we have had a cold snap
but im hoping for the river to be a flowing… might have some brittle edges just hope there not to large

If it break 50 …
If it breaks 50 here this weekend (that’s in the forecast); I’ll be out on a motorcycle ride.

Will take rain check on toddy “Ramblin’ Jack”.

BOB

Driving down from Alaska and …
would like to connect with other(s) to paddle the Current before proceeding to Twin Bridges, and consider the Mulberry and/or Buffalo.

Brad

post again later, Brad
It is too early for me to make any commitment because there are too many uncertainties, but the odds are good that I could meet you either before or after the Rendezvous, or conceivably both.

Okay, thanks
I’ll try again about the first of March.

Brad

Interested in Buffalo or Current
I’d be interested in the Buffalo (preferred) or the Current either before or after the Rendezvous.

In the past few years we have not had luck in adding on the Buffalo. The water has been too low. So wish for rain before the Rendezvous, but not during, in order to do the Buffalo.

Keep me posted as this idea progresses, either here on P Net or through the private email link.

Vic

Here is a classic
"Green Onions" with Booker T on organ, Steve Cropper on Telecaster, and the late Donald “Duck” Dunn (who also appeared in the “Blues Brothers”) on electric bass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnRIm8py9DM

Eleven and a half weeks to go

– Last Updated: Feb-08-15 1:02 PM EST –

... and a bump up. It fell off the bottom of my screen.

Made ya look :-)

You have heard the song and dance before
But it looks Iike the dog and I will be in Missouri during the rendezvous so we would be able to attend. I will need to borrow a boat because the Vagabond will likely still be buried in snow. Does this “new to me” joint you camp at allow campers/ little bitty trailers? I’d like to use my RV one more time before I sell it.

Tonite a low of -25, tomorrow high -1. Looks like were having a bit of a cold snap! I heard mention of a toddy…

duggae…
I’ll bet that Brian will let you borrow his Flashfire, Merlin, or Wildfire. :^)

Keep us up to date on you & RockC putting in an appearance.

I think I might be able to come up with a loaner for you. JA still has her Vagabond, but I’m pretty sure she’ll be paddling her Mohawk Solo 13.

BOB

yes to campers and small trailers
If you need electric, sewer, water hookups they are available but I would call Twin Bridges and make a reservation to be safe:

http://www.twinbridgescanoe.com/camp.html

I wouldn’t worry about a boat. There are usually extras. If not, I generally arrive in advance of my wife and bring a tandem and a solo. If my wife is not yet there and want to paddle tandem with me that is fine. If I am paddling with my wife, you can use my solo, which will probably be a Curtis Dragonfly.

DUGGAE…
…we’ll get you and Roc C on the water. How about Wally’s old Sawyer Solo 13? It’s in the barn and Margaret and Dan have both paddled it. I think it will work for you?

2-for-1
I will be coming south (alone) with two solos: Swift Pack 13.6 and (probably) Blackhawk Zephyr. I can only paddle one at a time!

Brad

Don’t sweat the trailer

– Last Updated: Feb-12-15 1:00 AM EST –

Dick sets up his trailer (if I recall it's the same as yours) down with us tenters so that's no problem. As for boats sorry I can't help you there, but as indicated on other posts those Missouri folks got lots of boats. Maybe Pam will let you look at that pretty ivory colored Mad River Guide she has. But I doubt she'll let you paddle it. :-)

Boats and Snow
I didn’t think bumming a canoe would be a problem. Brian has a half dozen or more. I should have kept the Guide…wonder if Pam would sell it back to me at a sizable discount? And who knows we might have an early spring up here that would reveal the missing Vagabond. I can’t even see a hump in the snow where I think it should be. I’ll check the link for trailer info.

Fat chance Doug
From what I can gather, fat chance of getting that Guide back from Pam :slight_smile:

Guide

Don’t think you are going to get the Guide back, and certainly not at a discount.

I have some doubt about whether she would even be inclined to loan it…

She can handle it quite well by the way…

BOB