Since I can’t make up my own mind which could be because I really don’t know the answer I’d like a little help picking the right Kayak for fishing. Here is my information;
- Height 6’5"
- Weight 240
- Arms are pretty darn long
*good shape except rebuilt knee that is not right
- fishing slower moving river, and lakes ranging from 40 acres to 5000 acres but mostly bay fishing in larger lakes but may need to cross the open water of course.
- want to paddle don’t want to peddle or electric motor
- went probably about 30 times this year using an ATAK and the thing was nice but seemed there was always water getting in the compartment but fell in love with this because of that boat so maybe this is normal which might be okay except when it gets cold up here.
- bass boat sat in the shed all summer while I used a friends ATAK so it is time to do this
- have good balance and standing is important I like to stand and cast into the vegetation.
Anyways I added the knee part because a guy told me not to buy a sit in because I had a bum knee not sure if that is true or not. Kilroy and Native Watercraft Ultimate FX 12 looked nice so I was sad to hear that. Anyways I have no trouble throwing the ATAK on and off my truck so I’m not sure how much weight matters but I will say sometimes I wish I could go a little faster. New to this so I’ll listen to what anyone has to say or recommend.