status of Superior Kayaks???

my neoprene tuliq is getting warm quickly though this afternoon is felt good at 4000feet…i’ve called Superior Kayaks and e-mailed, both with no responses. I’d like to get one of their Goretex tuliqs for summer and early fall here in the hills. Anyone know of their status?

chillcheaters

– Last Updated: Apr-23-06 7:36 PM EST –

don't know about Superior but I just ordered one from chillcheaters which should be cooler than my Brooks.
Additionally, following a previous order of theirs, I am having them sew in an ocean cockpit skirt on top of the keyhole skirt for my OI. This way I can use the same tuiliq for both. The ocean cockpit for the SOF just rolls up and fits beautifully under the pfd and concurrently, with the material being so thin, the keyhole cockpit deck (which will have the bail hole) will fit comfortably in the sof kinda bunched up, or it can be rolled up inside the tunnel and again be under the pfd.

While a special order (you pay for the additional skirt) they have tested it extensively for leaks and apparently is very successful.

I had to send them extensive measurements as it is made individually and it should be here in a week or two. Will post as to the efficiency of the double skirt and expect the material, which is advertised as being the equivalent to 2 mm neoprene, to be much more comfortable for Florida.

Paul

Just noticed…
that Superior’s tuliq’a are now available online…no pics however.

Bob

superior tulik
Mark was at ECCKF and told me that they were off line while they decided whether to continue making them and, if yes, what to do to improve them. They decided in the affirmative, so expect that you should be able to place an order. Be curious as to delivery time. He’s a lovely guy, very precise, so the tulik if it is anything like his boats and paddles should be terrific.

Akuilisaq
This is a summer version of the tuilik that could work for you. Gives you the freedom of movement of a Tuiliq but also looks like a spray skirt so lets you wear whatever you like. I will be using it year-round for my paddling as it will fit all my small cockpits.

I will wear it with my drysuit October till late May and then with shorty drytop and shorts for the summer.

Here is the link to it:

http://www.brookspaddlegear.com/greenland.html

I will let you know how mine works out.

Scott

aquilisaq
while I like the aquilisaq, I prefer to be in a tuiliq for rolling as I don’t like to have water in the ears, and a hood always lets in water no mater how hard I try to cinch it. If I wear a set of ear plugs I can’t hear a thing which bothers me also.

No rolling and just touring? the aquilisaq rocks.

Paul

huh?
“while I like the aquilisaq, I prefer to be in a tuiliq for rolling as I don’t like to have water in the ears, and a hood always lets in water no mater how hard I try to cinch it. If I wear a set of ear plugs I can’t hear a thing which bothers me also.”

Interesting. So what you are saying is you don’t like water in your ears - and your tuiliq hood lets water in no matter how tight you cinch it up? I don’t understand your point if you are saying that neither one works for you.

As to water in my ears, it has never bothered me unless its cold (

argh…
…the second half of my post got deleted when I submitted it…

I think you were referring to a separate hood - weren’t you and not the tuiliq hood, right? If so, I misunderstood you.

I only do a roll if I tip over or if taking a class or a practice roll before or after a paddle…so agree that touring fits the Aqui----- best. (can’t spell it)

Scott

Akuilisaq
couldn’t spell it either.

Paul

hmmmmm, the aquilisaq
is interesting, looked at them when i considered the tuliq—personally i would like a true tuliq but in goretex so i can add how much insulation i want.

i considered the chillcheater aquatherm tuliq, like i’ve mentioned in the past i’ve got their coverall cag, but the aquatherm will be too warm for my summer conditions…but the concept of combining two tuliqs into one is brilliant!!!

my two principle rolling boats are the Wisper and the AH Pro…though rarely am i in the AH just because of the love of the Wisper.

I think i’ll go for the Superior Goretex Tuliq IF i can ever hook up with them…the big decision is whether to have it made for the Wisper or the AH…