Still looking for daughter's 1st kayak

I could not find my original thread, so this is a continuation. Now, she thinks she wants a SOT. She is 16, 90+ lbs, superb swimmer, but, not a strong paddler, yet. Sit-on-top recommendations needed for a boat to do everything from coastal to non-whitewater moving rivers. $400 budget. Used is preferred.

Wilderness System Tarpon 120, Perception Triumph 13 or Pescador 12, or an Ocean Kayak Tetra 12 might be good choices. The Tetra 12 can be had with a rudder. These kayaks run $800 ish new, but you might be able to find a used one. I just got an Eddyline Caribbean 14 which is nice, but higher priced. The costal paddler folks can give better advice, but I don’t think I’d go less than 12 feet in length.

If PNET transferred your info over to this site, The thread should be there. Look under My Discussions, on the sides of this page.

@davavd : the original thread is back now at https://forums.paddling.com/discussion/1929415/kayak-for-daughter-16-95lb-5-3

NAME BRAND, perception wilderness systems both have great warranties. Dont do cheap.

Thanks, all. Still looking and trying things out.