storing kayaks outside

I need to store 2 (plastic) kayaks in an outside area alongside my house. (The area is actually under the roof eaves, so is fairly well shaded.) I want some type of ready-made, self-standing, inexpensive kayak holder. (I don’t want to drill or bolt anything into the wall of the house.) Suggestions?

Reviews under "Boat Storage"
Have you looked at the reviews? I thought Talic was a sponsor of this site. They make some free-standing models. I don’t have one, but I know folks who like them.

I store my boats the same place with
a very simple free standing rack I put together from 4x4 and 2x4. In profile it looks like a chair with arms. 2 boats go on the ‘seat’, one on the ‘arms’.I’ll send a photo if you want.Probably cost $30 because I used treated lumber.

Can you say: A couple of saw horses ?
A pool noodle across each strapped down real tight in the middle with duct tape so it forms a make shift saddle.

I am quite sure you can get them in kit form at the lumber yards.

You won’t get anything much cheaper unless you want to use one of my old methods: a couple of scrap pieces of 4x4 with the noodle strapped down as above.

Cheers,

JackL

storage
go to a garage sale and buy two cheap ladders

don’t quite follow
I’m having trouble visualizing precisely what you mean, and how it holds 2 kayaks.

If you are asking about the saw horses,

– Last Updated: Jul-21-08 7:41 PM EST –

get four.
If you are asking about the ladder(s); beats me unless you are putting it on my saw horses, in which case, I am going to charge you rent.
Naturally the rent for one long ladder holding two kayaks end to end would be cheaper than two ladders, on two sets of saw horses.

You'll have to excuse me. I raised eight kids who were all taught to be innovative!

Cheers,
JackL