Such a thing as too much torso rotation?

A fit kit is whatever you use to find
the right outfitting to keep you secure in the boat. That includes foam or the combo air, foam and bean outfitting bags from Jackson. Also, take a look at what other ww manufacturers do to make boats comfortable. Some of the best sea kayaking outfitting are from Necky. Great thigh grips and back bands. I like some of what Wildy is doing, too. The best use of ratcheting designs is that they can be loosened for comfort, but tightened when you want to be more secure in the boat. I never liked the term “locked in” as it tightens my hips too much and impedes rolling or deep bracing. YMMV.

Dogmaticus

good
good information there.

I would put it the other way around.
I had only one instance of lower back problems in seven years of rowing and sculling, and that was just muscle inflammation from over-use when I was not yet properly conditioned. I did not see or hear of many lower back problems, even at Vesper Boat Club, where I was hanging around with guys who had won the Olympic eight event in Japan in 1964. I hear of more lower back joint and disk problems amongst paddlers, most probably due to stupid lifting technique when loading.

Wow
yes, I made some assumptions, can you do anything else on a message board? I offered my advice in a spirit of helpfulness, not criticism. If you don’t like my advice you don’t have to follow it, but please don’t beat me up for offering it. Sheesh!

Sorry
I don’t mean to beat you up, and I think the 3 tips mentioned are good advice.

Yes, you have to do some assuming because you have not seen me paddle. OTOH, because I am asking a question doesn’t mean I’m doing anything “wrong”–I am asking if it’s possible to be “wrong” by trying to do too much of a good thing.