SUP newbie

Hi! I’ve just discovered SUP. I live on a tidal creek, not really any boat waves and the tides aren’t very strong. Have been looking for boards but not sure just what type would be best. I’m also into yoga and would like to incorporate the two at some point. I can get to the Atlantic from my creek which would mean a whole different thing I realize. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Board for Newbie Paddler
Try the new Honeycomb from Great Lakes Paddleboards, they have 6 colors to choose from - i ordered the pink last week and absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I paddle the waters in south-west Florida and practice SUP Yoga once a week. I have only been doing it 12 months and this board is super stable, (we are talking yoga inversions etc… no problem!) Wide and steady with a comfy deck pad.

Take a look at www.greatlakespaddleboards.com, however, i spotted an ad on Craigslist and got mine through John French the Great Lakes Rep for a huge discount at $685. (Originally $1300 online!!!) Board came with adjustable paddle (also very good) and GoPro mount for when i get a bit further down the line with my practice!

I emailed - info@greatlakespaddleboards.com.

Good Luck and Have Fun!

SUP advice
Hi Sarah, if you live on a creek that is mostly mud or beach then going for a nice all around hard board or a YOGA specific model might be a good choice. If your creek has rocks, or if you are worried about durability then I’d consider an inflatable SUP. We sell Red Paddle boards exclusively and I really like their new 10-8 ACTIV model. Perfect for yoga and a nice all around board with a nice 34 inch width making it extremely hard to tip. Also, it looks really good! Hope that helps!

-Mark

www.redriverpaddle.com