Surfing Through Fog, Mist and Rain

Wise decision. I have the GPS, but always have the chart and boat compass

@eckilson I swam once, needed a T-rescue once, did half a dozen rolls in calmer water near the eddy line going under in a few different positions, a couple in the eddy line, and two good rolls in the main flow. Went over the drop and through the wave a few times, even went through it without my boat once, which was a lot of fun! Didnā€™t surf though, I didnā€™t feel I was quite ā€œthereā€ yet. Probably next time though. Overall, it was a really fun day!

1 Like

Dang!!!

Sounds great - congrats - keep at it.

I am surprised by the speed at which you move; it seems that behind you, there is an engine that adds speed. I also used to kayak, which is quite difficult, especially with big waves and wind. I love water sports, so I decided to give wake surfing a try. I knew absolutely nothing about it, so I found on the internet how to start wake surfing, and this information was very helpful to me. Keeping your balance while wake surfing is more difficult than kayaking.

Thanks for link. That does look fun. :slight_smile: I think each discipline has itā€™s challenges and rewards. We stick with it, learn/develop the skills that allow us to reap the rewardsā€¦ which is to be ā€œat oneā€ with the wave.

Waveskiing also takes a bit balance as well as range of paddling strokes and skills. This is on top of learning surf etiquette and being able to dodge other surfers on a crowded break on a really good wave day. :slight_smile:

Happy surfing!

sing