Swollen blisters all over my face and

head. Yellow jackets you ask?Finally pushed Mrs. String too far?

None of the above. The day after my semi-annual visit to the dermatologist.He walks in, does his inspection and goes to work with the liqiud nitrogen.Ouch!Ouch!Ouch!Not fun but beats the alternative.

I have friends and relatives who have scars from large chunks of hide being removed.I’m happy mine are as isolated as they are.

Cover up and wear your sunscreen, esp. you kids. " “Healthy tan” is almost as big an oxymoron as “balanced budget.”

It’s a timely reminder for me
as I head off for Florida in a couple of days. I was in the big box pharmacy store last night looking at sunscreen etc and decided to wait and buy it when I got farther South. My reasoning being it will likely be fresher stock there and the stuff has a limited shelf life.

But I am the type to put it off till I am a bit crispy already, so message heard.

A song comes to mind…
“Syphilitic sores that make my face all splotchy,

That cry across the hall of ‘suckahotchy’,

Your naked photograph of Liberace,

These foolish things… remind me of you…”

Sun protection is basic technique.

Tilley…nm

Or any other good hat. What is
manifesting itself now is what happened when I (we) was a kid.

Good Reminder String
My face blew up like a balloon last year. I had no idea how long I had been on the water. It was going to be a short trip.

I’ve heard it twice on tv from 3 doctors, they say it’s okay and good to get sun for 15 minutes a day for vitamin D. I don’t know why it’s suggested if you can take a supplement. For woman especially, vit D is good through supplementation, because it helps us absorb calcium better, which really applies to men also.

-Capri

Good luck with the sex thing tonight! nm

No problem. Tonight isn’t the night.

– Last Updated: Feb-27-09 6:22 PM EST –

It only happens one day a month and I have 23 days to go.

Speaking as one with a chunk missing
As one who is healing up from getting a 6cm across chunk carve outa my back in December, keep that sunscreen on. Apparently your skin never forgets any of the sun that it has EVER seen. So those bad sunburns as a preteen come back to haunt you. I’ve practiced relatively safe sun for years as I fry easily yet I got this big nasty tween the shoulder blades. They got it all but I’m still healing after 8 weeks. So much for learning to roll over the winter months… Use that sunscreen and I’ll see ya on the water soon!

John

Ouch! I hope you heal quickly.

Actually
A Tilley is my normal first line of defence when paddling though lately I have been using an ExOfficio baseball type hat with a cape more often.

I went and bought a bottle of spf 30 this afternoon for my trip which I wouldn’t have done without the nudge here.

Sunshine & D
"I’ve heard it twice on tv from 3 doctors, they say it’s okay and good to get sun for 15 minutes a day for vitamin D. I don’t know why it’s suggested if you can take a supplement. For woman especially, vit D is good through supplementation, because it helps us absorb calcium better, which really applies to men also."

Capri,

Just heard that while you can take “D” supplements, the sun actually makes it change into something more useable to our bodies. I forget the whole story but sunshine is supposedly the best.

Tom