Tape around hull

I have an older Current Designs Sirocco and the black tape along the waterline is ratty and should probably be replaced. See black line in side view below:

I think it’s just a cosmetic problem. Is there a specific type of tape that should be used as a replacement?

Thanks!

On my CD Storm I used a black sharpie to fill in the voids.

You can use Plastic electrical tape. or auto trim tape.

Or may be plastic paint in a spray can

Paint won’t stick to polyethylene unless you buy specialty paint that’s specifically designed for it. I wouldn’t bother; just go with tape.

@bnystrom said:
Paint won’t stick to polyethylene unless you buy specialty paint that’s specifically designed for it. I wouldn’t bother; just go with tape.

Krylon Fusion works good.

@Hizna said:
I have an older Current Designs Sirocco and the black tape along the waterline is ratty and should probably be replaced. See black line in side view below:

I think it’s just a cosmetic problem. Is there a specific type of tape that should be used as a replacement?

Thanks!

It doesn’t have to be black you can get creative… :*

My wife used black electrical tape on hers. that was two years ago and you still can’t tell where the tape meets the original.
It was good Scotch electrical tape that the power company uses

Cheers everyone!

@Overstreet said:

@bnystrom said:

Krylon Fusion works good.

I’m aware of that, but I still don’t see the point in going through all the trouble of cleaning the prepping the surface, spending the time to mask the boat, painting it, and pulling off all the masking, just to end up with a surface that will be prone to scratching. You can remove the original tape and replace it with new tape in a fraction of the time and at a lower cost to boot.