Tempest 165 or 170

c’mon medicineman

– Last Updated: Sep-22-07 9:27 AM EST –

flatpick's not that old!

Paul

every single thing you mentioned is on my pfd. And if I am going with a bunch of folks that have questionable skills, I have the Northwater vest with even more stuff over the pfd.

Premise being that if I need it, I don't want to go unscrewing a hatch and if I lose my boat God forbid, I have it all with me. I do keep a very lightweight cag and a first aid kit in the day hatch, but mostly it is food and water. Everything else is on me.
and I sill think the rigid underdeck tube limits bracing and rolling. I can at least sort of push the underdeck bag out of the way..(the rare times i even clip it on...most of the time it goes in the day hatch with the rest of the stuff.

paul

(I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing...)

0vEr 5o???
iS thAt OlD???

I too can keep most of that stuff either on me or in my day hatch. getting in/out of my boat on a rocky crag or doing a re-enter and roll the last thing I need is something hanging down in the cockpit, between my legs. (personal opinion)

if I wanted that I could/would/should ADD it. aftermarket.

steve

forgot the GPS
the newer GPSs will easily see through the composite and aquire signal so i’ve kept one in the knee tube on several trips.

I hear you about keeping stuff on the PFD, I like to keep my PFD lean like the kayak but even on a daypaddle the essentials have to be there-my camera is not an essential.