Tempest 170 v Tsunami 140

What About the Cape Horn 17?
With all the talk of the Tsunami vs. the Tempest, I’d be courious to know if anyone thinks the Cape Horn might be a good compromise between the two (and it’s still a Wilderness Systems boat)? My understanding is that the Cape Horn is closer to the Tsunami than the Tempest, but would it be a better choice if the original poster does not feel ready for the Tempest?

Fine with Tempest… now what lenght?
I am a “real” beginner (14 Hrs Kayaking experice!)

Your story is very poignant to me, because I a kayaking class two years ago on a Tsunami 140 and I loved it too… I thought that was all I needed.

But then, I also heard the comparisons between the Tsunami 140 and the Tempest, and I have been converted to go for the Tempest.

Now the final question is… WHICH LENGHT? I know length determines amount of storage (great for touring several days) and I also heard the longer boats are faster and more efficient.

So bottom-line: Longer boats have two advantages, well actually 3: More storage, they go faster and better handling (more responsive) Do I get it?

Another detail, I am 5-4" and 200 lbs!.. does that affect the lenght of the boat? I get the feeling that for my size, the Tempest 165 or 170 will fit the bill… But HOW DO CHOOSE FROM THE TWO?