Tent

Sir,
I hope you are joking, with that crack at the end about “girls” flaking out. If so, it is not very funny. If not, I would encourage you to rethink your stereotyped and outdated views which many, myself included, consider highly offensive.

LOL
Rik,

Just looked at your profle…. “have kayaks, need girlfriend” and you have the cajones to post that comment?! LOL You are a BRAVE man!

P-net is NOT the place to joke about taking advantage of girls “flaking out” on camping/outdoor gear… You’re not likely to get too lucky in the girlfriend department…and to think of all the Phoenix paddlers I just met last weekend that I could have introduced you to!

I’m the gear junkie in our family; the gear gets well used, is well cared for, and I know the utility & monetary value of each and every item. I know for a fact that I’m not alone on this site as a female who is very well versed in outdoor pursuits.

So, in the famous words of a very wise man:

You betta check yo self

Fore you wreck yo self

And now for the O.P.: The tent depends on the boat, and the trip. Long lazy river trips or base camping with one of our canoes can mean the giant Coleman Sasquatch tent where a bunch of us can bunk together.

A quick weekend away in the sea kayaks means the 3 man for me & the hubby and gear. If I’m alone, I can do the 3 man or 2 man, along with all my personal gear/food/cooking in my kayak.

My 3 man tent came off of Ebay; made by one of the big brands for Bass Pro Shops. A steal for only $39.99, and it’s held up nicely in wind and rain.

If the forecast is clear, I go tentless, and just make a tarp burrito with my sleeping bag.