Texas flag paddle

Hi y’all,
I’ve been searching everywhere for a decently priced texas flag designed kayak paddle, I saw one in a video once and fell in love. I am haveing a hard time finding one. I have a Jackson Coosa FD I am fishing from which is a peddle drive so I am not paddling too much, but when I do, I prefer that paddle. anyone seen one anywhere or have any friends that might know where to get one like that?

I’ve never seen a state flag on a paddle.
But maybe if you put a few bullet holes in it they will know you’re from Texas… :wink:

A two second Google search shows some images of a limited edition paddle as described by the OP. That said, paddle selection should not be based on the graphics printed on the blade.

@grayhawk said:
But maybe if you put a few bullet holes in it they will know you’re from Texas… :wink:

HAHA! I like that.

@Sparky961 said:
A two second Google search shows some images of a limited edition paddle as described by the OP. That said, paddle selection should not be based on the graphics printed on the blade.

Yeah I searched and found one, I am not paying $300.00 for a paddle that I’m gonna use to push off the bank with. And I thought that was the driving factor in choosing the right paddle. Are you sure?

@Rsaiej12070502 said:
I am not paying $300.00 for a paddle that I’m gonna use to push off the bank with. And I thought that was the driving factor in choosing the right paddle. Are you sure?

If that’s your primary use, go to Home Depot and purchase a 1x2, plus a small can of red, white, and blue paint. Almost certainly under $20 and virtually indestructible. Ironically a 2x4 is probably cheaper if you don’t mind the extra weight.

@grayhawk said:

And a Lone Star beer decal.

@grayhawk said:

And a Lone Star beer decal.

@Sparky961 said:

@Rsaiej12070502 said:
I am not paying $300.00 for a paddle that I’m gonna use to push off the bank with. And I thought that was the driving factor in choosing the right paddle. Are you sure?

If that’s your primary use, go to Home Depot and purchase a 1x2, plus a small can of red, white, and blue paint. Almost certainly under $20 and virtually indestructible. Ironically a 2x4 is probably cheaper if you don’t mind the extra weight.

I don’t think Home Depot sells that size of wood, and I doubt they have a can of paint with all those colors in one can for under $20. I just called and I was right they don’t have those sizes.

Why not hire an artist to paint your favorite paddle?

Or apply a bunch of stickers and call it a day.

I really feel like a sticker is going to be my fix. or at least as a Bandaid until I find what I’m looking for. Although Rookie has a pretty cool Idea too

Werner Paddles Lone Star Edition of the Shuna and Camano

http://www.wernerpaddles.com/blog/kayak-touring/limited-edition-lone-star-camano-and-shuna

See you on the water,
Marshall Seddon
The River Connection, Inc.
9 W. Market St.
Hyde Park, NY
845-229-0595 main
845-242-4731 mobile
Main: www.the-river-connection.com
Store: www.the-river-connection.us
Facebook: fb.me/theriverconnection

@Rsaiej12070502 said:
I really feel like a sticker is going to be my fix. or at least as a Bandaid until I find what I’m looking for. Although Rookie has a pretty cool Idea too

A bunch of Bandaids would certainly make an interesting statement…

@Sparky961 said:

@Rsaiej12070502 said:

A bunch of Bandaids would certainly make an interesting statement…

Hahaha I feel like you’re right.

Make your own; it’s not rocket science…
3 cheap, rattle cans of red, white, and blue paint, a cheap craft paint brush, and about 1/4 roll of masking tape.
Total investment about 5 bucks.

No need to buy a new paddle; pick up one for 2 dollars at a flea market, garage or yard sale.
Using a paddle to “push off” is just going to ruin a paddle anyway.
Enclosed are 2 project photos. Repurpose paddles you destroy.

You have proven Little Feat right; “Texas is a world all of it’s own”. :slight_smile: