Thank you Willow and Rookie!

As we live on a river, last 2 days, went each day and came home late last night with a lot of fish. The decisions of the day seems to be between going shooting, going paddling, or going boating, but usually I do 2 of the three. Weekends we stay home as that’s when the area gets visitors.
Indians call them ‘city people’ as most are.
Locals call them city people also, but also a body part or ‘granolas’ if they come from a certain city and/or come with the standard equipment of them.

city people…reminds me of an idea for a thread

There are actually two types of Yankees…Yankees come to visit; D*** Yankees come and stay.

Here in Almost Heaven our area has lots of weekend rentals. I haven’t heard of any consistent nicknames for the mostly city folk who come but I can absolutely say they treat the country like it’s a personal Disneyland. I had to post “No Trespassing” signs to keep them from hopping our split rail fence to pick blackberries, Bless Their Hearts!

2 Likes

My mother loved to pick black berries so we kids got to help, mostly along country roadsides.
I learned to watch out for snakes but can’t recall seeing one . The harder lesson was that red bugs (chiggers) love blackberry patches and the places on your body where the sun don’t shine.