the basics of short canoes.

Possibly, consider an Old Town Twin
Loon kayak. They no longer make the 138T - It’s now the longer 160T. It has features somewhat like a canoe (long, open cockpit), paddles with double paddle(s), tracks and turns well, handles wind better than a canoe, and you move the front seat back to center to solo. My 138T does really well in this configuration, and there is room for ice chest, fishing gear, and just about anything else you describe. (It’s rather heavy, though.) A friend of mine paddles an Old Town Twin Otter (wider boat) solo for the same reasons.

prices and used
Dont forget to check e-bay for used, just if you do find one, make sure you can see it before paying for it.

Boat: I found an Old Town Hunter (the old model in Royalex) It’s just short of 14’ and works very well as a solo boat when you turn it around. I don’t know if it would handle a motor though. It does OK when my husband (6’4" 220lbs) and I both paddle it, handles the weight just fine. Does well in windy conditions. I like to paddle it solo with a kayak paddle. This is an older model that Old Town no longer makes but I’ve read that they have (or will have) another model that’s similar, The Pathfinder 14’10". It’s in the 1000 dollar range. Used prices are a great bargin, leaves you more $$ to get all the accessorys you’ll need.