The Kayak is suspect

I think it’s nice

– Last Updated: Aug-03-07 10:49 PM EST –

that EVRYONE is now getting the hairy eyeball .
Been in more "indiscriminate " search's than I can remember , an that was way before "driving while black " was a term . I enjoy seeing the boyscout an granny gettin searched .
But it still makes me uncomfortable when that lil red dot shows up on my chest .
An when they say assume the position , yeah , by now I know what it means .
Worked in the D.O.C. fer 2 yrs. an would occassionally get counted or stooped till they saw the I.D. badge . HA !
As Crosby said , " But I didn't an I wonder why , I feel like lettin my freak flag fly "
After all this IS the land of the free !

my $.02…
they were possibly on lead(s) of bridge takedown(s)…

wear a feather boa and
get ye one of them big pink flamingo cycling jerseys (i’d let ya borrow mine but…)some elton john sun glasses.

If the homeland wannabes are going to follow us around we might as well give em something to look at (that’s not obscene…although I’ve been referred to as that in the flamingo jersey)

Hey…I’ll give you some of those heavy duty cardboard tubes from Wendle Engineering…paint em black and strap em onto the deck…or put em on your shoulder as you look up at the choppers…

Paddle on Dave…screw homeland.

I’m lining
my hull with 11mm plate, grabbin a set of the esapi armour and takin my chances they can’t make a head shot while I’m bobbin on the water Rich. As a side note, there were reports of peoples of middle eastern looking photographers taking a more than casul interest on both the Grand Island bridges. Interesting times we’re in!!

AFB

– Last Updated: Aug-06-07 2:41 PM EST –

It's been awhile, but there is an Air Force Base on the Niagra River. I was in the NY Guard for a few years after I came off active duty, and I actually went to the reserve Drill Sargeant Academy there, it was on an Island. (I only went once and then went back to my infantry unit, it was a brutal school, and as an NCO I figured there was no reason to volunteer for that kind of abuse!) It's been about 14 years, so I don't remember the exact location, but it's a closed base on the Niagra River. You're probably just in there neighborhood.

no base on river
There was a Nike base on Grand Island but it’s long ago closed. Air Guard base in the Falls but a distance from river. Most of the concerns around here are smuggling of drugs and aliens. I could be a drug runner but would be hard pressed to fit any humans in my hatches

Grand Island

– Last Updated: Aug-06-07 5:54 PM EST –

Grand Island, thats it! Can't be "long ago," that would make me old! Oh well, it beats the alternative.

I'd just ignore them, watching a river all day has got to be a pretty boring job, (I've watched a few borders in my day, yawn!) a kayaker is probably the highlight of their afternoon, they're just interested because you're something to see.

Maybe they think …
… you’re gonna make a run at the falls … saw a special on Niagra Falls dare devils the other night … someone tried to go over in a Kayak once … well, they did go over, but all they found was a few pieces of kayak.

if I see
black kayaks following us, then I will be worried :0)