The new review section isn't organized by date, so you can't tell when a review was submitted.

Hey all,

I’m not sure what’s up with the Reviews section or how much of the missing information can be restored, but I’ll talk to the developer responsible for that section tomorrow. Can’t promise anything, but I’ll at least look into it for you.

Also, I was able to get the forum discussions from last week—between the data migration and the new site launch—into the new system. Let me know if it still looks like stuff is missing from the forums.

@karls said:
Also, I was able to get the forum discussions from last week—between the data migration and the new site launch—into the new system. Let me know if it still looks like stuff is missing from the forums.

So far every message I posted back then is now credited to “Quieth2o.” Or is that a hint to be quiet? :wink:

@Rookie, that is very strange. is it only the messages between 11/11 and 11/17, or is it all your previous messages?

@karls Checked some comments from late October - they show Rookie. That November period shows Quieth2o, whoever that may be.

BTW, what happened to enjoying the rest of the weekend?

Just checked my activity log for Nov. 11-17 and the user name is correctly listed there but switched in the actual thread. Not worth spending any time on what seems to be a migration bug. Maybe “Quieth2o” wont see them and start to wonder about short term memory problems.

@Rookie said:
@karls Checked some comments from late October - they show Rookie. That November period shows Quieth2o, whoever that may be.

Ugh. The forum migration process has been one unforeseen problem after another. I am so sorry. I just went into the database and manually updated the user id, so those comments should be fixed now. Let me know if not.

BTW, what happened to enjoying the rest of the weekend?

I know, I know. :smile: But it’s hard to stop when things aren’t right. I really want this to work well for everyone, because I can see how important is to so many and what a great community has been established.

Kind of sorry I pointed it out as you have enough on your plate without something so mundane. Thank you.

@Rookie said:
Kind of sorry I pointed it out as you have enough on your plate without something so mundane. Thank you.

Not at all. These are all things that need to be fixed, so I appreciate the reports.

@DianeCetan said:
I found Nomad and Extreme but most are Anonymous so can’t tell who wrote them. Have to go through pages now to find them instead of having them all listed on one page. Dislike.

Also find having to constantly page during a search is a waste of time, especially as you wind up at the top looking at that photo of a kayak rather than a continuation of reviews. My solution is to bypass Pcom completely, open a new tab and plug my search terms into Google. Experimented searching for the CD Extreme, Valley Sirona, Impex Mystic, North Shore Atlantic LV. 99% of the time Paddling.net reviews were at the top so I could click the link immediately get to where I wanted to be. Unfortunately, none of the reviews say who wrote the review or when.

@Yanoer said:
Knowing when a review was posted is often quite relevant to how much weight I give the review. I hope this gets straightened out.

Reviews now show the date they were posted, and they’re sorted in reverse chronological order.

@tvcrider, many of the reviews on the P.net didn’t have authors, apparently. We ported them over to P.com for all the reviews that had them. See this one, for example, where the first and last review have author names, but the others don’t: https://paddling.com/reviews/product/maverick-1/

@tvcrider, Actually, there was a little glitch in the original import that caused some of the authors to not be ported over. That has been fixed. Also, we intentionally skipped author name for any reviews that didn’t have an account associated with the name.

Thanks karls.

@karls said:

@tvcrider, many of the reviews on the P.net didn’t have authors, apparently. We ported them over to P.com for all the reviews that had them. See this one, for example, where the first and last review have author names, but the others don’t: https://paddling.com/reviews/product/maverick-1/

@karls It’s much appreciated. I just went back and checked two P&H reviews I wrote a number of years ago. Yes, I’ve been given credit for them again. Thank you.

I just noticed that all of the Eddyline reviews are gone. I’ve read them before and now they have disappeared.

@Raftergirl

They’re still there: https://paddling.com/reviews/manufacturers/eddyline-kayaks/

You have to type the mfg name in the search bar.

They’re still there: https://paddling.com/reviews/manufacturers/eddyline-kayaks/

You have to type the mfg name in the search bar.
Thanks. I was clicking on the different categories, then selecting the brand. I didn’t see Eddyline on the list of choices.

Definitely more clunky than its predecessor. Reminds me of the difference between a textbook and a comic book.

@Raftergirl said:
Thanks. I was clicking on the different categories, then selecting the brand. I didn’t see Eddyline on the list of choices.

That’s odd. I went to the main kayak review page at https://paddling.com/reviews/category/kayaks/ and saw Eddyline in the list of the Manufacturers on the left side (after clicking “Show More”).