The new review section isn't organized by date, so you can't tell when a review was submitted.

Knowing when a review was posted is often quite relevant to how much weight I give the review. I hope this gets straightened out.

Some of the older reviews no longer list the author. It just states that they were submitted by “anonymous”.

@tvcrider said:
Some of the older reviews no longer list the author. It just states that they were submitted by “anonymous”.
“anonymous” has replaced “old user”

I do like the new layout of the reviews, though. Much more readable.

@tvcrider said:
Upon further review of the review section, it appears that all reviews are posted by “Anonymous”. They have paddled a lot of boats.

I can’t find a way to search in the Gear/Accessories nor do I find any of the reviews that had been posted for Mysterioso.

I was going to comment further, but the d@mn edit box only shows two lines. It’s just not worth the trouble.

@Rookie said:
I can’t find a way to search in the Gear/Accessories nor do I find any of the reviews that had been posted for Mysterioso.
I find 1 review for Mysterioso.

When I allowed popups and searched for Mysterioso, a discussion thread came up - the one I started asking about it. When I searched for it in the Reviews section, got a message the manufacturer couldn’t be found. Several reviews had been posted at the now defunct Pnet site - tvcrider was one of the reviewers. Perhaps the migration continues and they will appear now that the old Pnet is gone.

As to the edit box, yes that is a PITA. My workaround is to copy my original text, paste it into Notepad and make the changes so I can see them, then copy the text and stick it all in the edit box (after deleting the original) and hope for the best.

With so many hoops to jump through for a simple edit, I’m already getting nostalgic.

Long-in-tooth wildebeest
dons a gilded robe,
it leaves us on its heap
to sit and fret like Job.

@canoeswithduckheads said:
Long-in-tooth wildebeest
dons a gilded robe,
it leaves us on its heap

I think I need some coloring books, Play-Doh, and bubbles.

no reviews for Current Designs Nomad listed. My reviews for Nomad and Extreme are gone I think.

@tvcrider said:
I was going to comment further, but the d@mn edit box only shows two lines. It’s just not worth the trouble.

The two line comment box is kind of a pain, but I do like the "Quote feature.

I found Nomad and Extreme but most are Anonymous so can’t tell who wrote them. Have to go through pages now to find them instead of having them all listed on one page. Dislike.

@tvcrider said:

Sorry about that. The edit box should be fixed now. Can you do a hard browser refresh? Hold the shift key while pressing the refresh/reload button. After that, the comment field should automatically expand as you type in it. It’s working for me now, but if it doesn’t work for you, let me know (and tell me which browser/version you’re using) and I’ll work on it.

Yes, that works. Thanks!

@karls said:

@tvcrider said:

Sorry about that. The edit box should be fixed now. Can you do a hard browser refresh? Hold the shift key while pressing the refresh/reload button. After that, the comment field should automatically expand as you type in it. It’s working for me now, but if it doesn’t work for you, let me know (and tell me which browser/version you’re using) and I’ll work on it.

Thanks for all your hard work, Karls, towards getting things back in order. Don’t know what magic you did, but the search function now works much better. I can actually find what I’m looking for - and a lot of other stuff, too, but reading is a good way to spend a very windy, cold, and snowy day.

The editing box is a gabillion times better!

Glad to hear it @Rookie! The lost discussions from last week might not be back until Monday, but I’m pretty sure I can get them all. Just need to put the laptop away and enjoy the rest of the weekend. Cheers!

@Rookie said:

@canoeswithduckheads said:
Long-in-tooth wildebeest
dons a gilded robe,
it leaves us on its heap

I think I need some coloring books, Play-Doh, and bubbles.

Gad Seuss, woman!

Play-Doh, Mr. Bubbles and dung heaps,
are never a good mix!
If Cat In Hat upon this sat,
no Thing that ring could fix!

(Just helpin’ to color your world with Crayola crumbs a rhyme nor reason at a time - no datakoll troll of humorless atoll.)
“Book 'em, Play-Doh!”

If I write a revue from now on, I will put my name and the date in the body of the revue. This won’t help with achived revues, but we the posting people can fix the future.