The rivers were running, but I went hiking?

That’s the way it worked out this weekend. TommyC1 (anybody remember him) hooked me up with a group that does short weekend hikes (5-6 miles) from November through March. Hikes begin early and we are usually done before noon, and they tend to be in central MA which is close to my house. It’s a great way to get out in the winter when the rivers freeze. The first hike of the season was Saturday, and in spite of torrential downpours and flooded trails, we had 11 on the trip. Few pictures here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eckilson/albums/72157703021805574/with/31827961338/

IMGP9748

Sunday was a beautiful day, and all the river were running, but I spent the day raking leaves and putting up Christmas lights. Well at least that’s done o:)

Putting up Christmas lights??!
Before the turkey’s done??!
“When one goes out they all go out!!!”
Lights-out post-5 pm sun.

If daylight we’re not saving,
then how can we save ourselves?
Mad situation lawn santas are inflating,
Log yule gives-in must be shelfed!
(Paddle on or take a hike with his elves)

Sometimes the lower half needs some serious exercise. Our leaves are still on the trees

I one time told the better half to do some serious exercise. She told me to go take a hike. Her tone 'bout near took all the crown off my tree. I’ve been raking leaves ever since.

Slowly building my house of dogwood,
walkin’ the plank each and every day.
Guess I’ll hang out with Snoopy,
ears a burnin’ and droopy,
always toss’n wrong words into play.
(mea culpas at crossroad of oi vey!)

@canoeswithduckheads said:
(Paddle on or take a hike with his elves)

Prefer to paddle with Santa and his elves…

IMGP0718

If you Marshall up what matters,
while Tommy’s tailor has him rustle,
into cap that a mad hatter
tops a Santa up from Bussell,
then you will hang loose with some elves
that pose in ha-ha port of Horbert,
while Sailor Jerry writes in yule log
“They’ll soon be paddlin” bow as storbert."

@string said:
Sometimes the lower half needs some serious exercise. Our leaves are still on the trees

Heavy rain last night. Leaves down with many more to come.