The scammers are alive and well.

Got a response on my Craigslist ad from “Amber Vinson”. It was worded so it was suspicious, but it could have been someone not fluent in English.
The questions were answered in my ad, but I replied.
Then came the standard " I’ll send you a check and arrange pickup".
Kiss my grits Amber!

Tell them some BS story about the cheque you have but can’t cash, so you’ll send that to them and they can give you the change in cash.

Cash money talks,
BS…walks.

What I said, but nicely.

I heard from Amber through my ad on this site. Same thing. Scammer from the get-go.

Jon
https:3meterswell.blogspot.com

@string said:
Got a response on my Craigslist ad from “Amber Vinson”. It was worded so it was suspicious, but it could have been someone not fluent in English.
Kiss my grits Amber!

String, you are immune to the sting.

@sing said:

@string said:
Kiss my grits Amber!

String, you are immune to the sting.

And hope to stay that way.

The real Amber Vinson is the Texas nurse who famously contracted but survived Ebola while treating an infected patient during that outbreak a few years ago. Many scammers just pick names from random news sources rather than inventing them.

@willowleaf said:
The real Amber Vinson is the Texas nurse who famously contracted but survived Ebola while treating an infected patient during that outbreak a few years ago. Many scammers just pick names from random news sources rather than inventing them.

There’s also an Amber Vinson who is a marriage and family counselor in Hawaii. Lots more with that name in FB profiles.

Will the real Amber Vinson please stand up?