Think Legend Surf Ski

all this talk
This talk is great and all but when is someone going to show up at a nice rough downwinder type race that I’m attending with Think Legend? Come on people, get with it :). I do want to try one in nice steep downwind conditions. I’m happy as a clam on my old Fenn but the Legend is different enough from everything else with those funky chines that I want to try one.

This Weekend
Reid,

I think Wesley will be bringing his Legend this weekend to PA. I can lean on him if you’d like. Of course, no real downwind runs of course, lake-locked, but maybe if the winds pick up a little… :wink: I’d really like to spend some time in it also.

My Mark 1 was first Mike Tracy’s, who ordered it new. My V10L that just changed hands to Tom courtesy of the barge at the MC was Mike’s also, before that Bill Stafford’s, and… Cliff’s S1-X was originally Tim Dwyer’s, so yeah, 'round and 'round the boats go…

Kathy and Susan, you have officially tied for second place following the W man for the title of BAH (boat Acquisition Hero). A tie breaker, perhaps…? Smile.

…a fly on the wall (me) saw Kathy ogling (sp?) another S1X today after our paddle!!!

that’ll put three hukis in her stable within a month!!!

Wes??? Mark???

Kathy could get you a run for your money…

Trying out the Legend…
Hey Mark - picking up my Legend this Saturday in NYC…I wonder if my first attempt on it should be past that garbage barge that ate those skiis at the Mayor’s Cup!

Actually, I think the first ride for that ski will be on my roof rack back up to the calmer waters of Stony Creek! (though the perils of ‘just submerged’ rock there is well known!) Hmmmm,…I think a shallow, sandy beach will have to be found nearby so I can practice about 2hrs of remount practice! DRYSUIT required!

However, with all this interest, maybe I can use my carbon Legend as a free pass to hook up with the 'big boys n goyls" to get free instruction in exchange for rides on my ski…hmmmm again.

Scott

Good grief!
You two ladies have a lot of boats. I don’t feel worthy to even be in this thread! But then again, I know a bunch of P.netters that have amassed a dozen or more canoes and kayaks.

I keep all my boats outside, and have limited space for more (can’t interfere with the landscaping), although I’ve come up with a plan that might allow me to fit 6-8 boats in one spot. But then I’ll have to come up with some creative justification for my wife.

Andy

You’re supposed to be my friend

– Last Updated: Oct-28-08 1:00 AM EST –

Scott (grapescott), so don't go snitching on me! ;) Hey, relatively speaking, I was good. I mean I didn't pop into Craig's brandy new Think Fit, did I?

Mark: I've got Susan beat by 3 boats. Technically, the OC-1 she lists is Vince's - she bought it from him for an anniversary present - oh, and she bought it from, ta ta, me - lol - it's that "whose boat is under the pea shell" game. The Egret is his also, as is the Sealution. Although, since they're married, as the saying goes, "What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too" - ha - so I guess she can count them as hers. Still have her beat, though, at least for today. Tomorrow may be another story - hahaha. I really am trying to sell some of my boats - really.

Scott (OCD_yakker): Hey there. Since I have taken the plunge and purchased a semi-dry suit, I just may be up that way to paddle with Mark and the guys this fall. I'm slower than most of those guys, but if you want to come out and paddle when I'm up that way, that'd be great ... Oh, and of course you'll have along your Think Legend ... you know, just in case I want to hop in it for a short spin

Um . . .

– Last Updated: Oct-28-08 7:45 AM EST –

I am unfamiliar with the terms "can't interfere with the landscaping" and "justification to the spouse," please explain. I thought that kayaks just grew out of the landscaping and that's how they mysteriously appear in the yard. *innocent look*

Well Susan…let me explain
2 of my boats miracuously appeared in my yard. It caused semantic gymnastics to emanate from my mouth, interspersed, with periods of silence as I tried to explain the appearance of the boats to my wife. Other than the fact that I had spent money on these boats, my wife was concerned that the boats would mar the appearance of the landscaping that we had done. I did my best to convince her that those pretty boats would actually enhance the appearance of the yard.

We subsequently came to an agreement that I would build a rack attached to a stockade fence we have, and it does not mar the appearance of the back yard.

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1502847200041263145tsgFQi

and

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/1502847390041263145uyitFq

view of backyard…

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2201319970041263145SFgbRs

Andy

I dunno . . .
I dunno man, those photos look like pretty normal landscaping to me. Not sure what your wife might be concerned about. Doesn’t everyone have numerous boats in their back yards? Or in Kathy’s case, back yards, side yards, front yards, garages, basements, pools, driveways, and winter houses?

There are…
2 more boats on the other side of the shed. Only one of my boats can fit in the garage. Someone once told me that they put their car in the garage. What a concept!

Andy

Dolphin_gal2000 - You are welcome to try
to get my ski away from Mark C!! lol I just want to be sure I have my camera ready for that event! Just watch out for his “low elbow” profile he picked up from the Big O…it hides that left hook!

:wink:

boats ADD to the landscaping
They add color. No need to worry about having this or that flower in bloom at what season or any of that. Boats provide perennial and year-round color to the landscape. And by acquiring/selling boats, the landscape stays interesting with the change in colors - kinda like the colors of fall then the colors of spring :slight_smile:

What?!? Cars are what’s supposed to go in a garage? Gee, I thought that one-car two-car was simply defining the measurements of the space. I think once or maybe twice in the 17 years I’ve been here I’ve actually driven my car into the garage and was able to close the garage door. Although it totally escapes me why on Earth I decided to do that - perhaps simply to test out the “it’s a one-and-a-half-car garage” dimensions?

Kathy

I Am (Not ) Legend…
but may live vicariously through the boat purchases of others. I could be the Legend. I could be the walrus too.

Scott, you must be chompin’ at the bit. You’ll be wingin’ it this weekend-have a blast and let the wing do its thing. (aka: ‘Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball’) Why do I have visions of you dancing maniacally around that carbon beauty like Daffy Duck on the Looneytunes cartoons… "Mine, mine, all mine!’?

:wink:

Oh yes, the boat aquisition dance, "Mine
Yep, I never get tired of doing that one. :slight_smile: Kathy’s so well practiced that she’s got her own flair to the traditional boat aquisition dance, you know, kinda like those guys who run into the end zone and individualize their touchdowns. Ah, if only I could be so good. I guess I’ll just have to keep practicing.

By the way, wasn’t the original point of this thread to find a boat to test paddle? Just wondering, did you ever find it?

I’ve done that dance too…
Never get tired of it and it’s not relagated to just boats. But it’s particularly sweet when it’s for boats.

Andy

Hijacked
Funny how that happens, isn’t it? Actually, the 'birdwalk’this thread took became far more interesting to me than the original query…

I’ve thus far only tried the Legend briefly, but hope to climb on Wesley’s this weekend, and maybe attempt to pry Scott’s black with yellow accents carbon missile out of his clutches at some point in the near future to do same. I let the deal on the ones at the MC go, but it’s at the top of my list with an S1-X Special or possibly another V10L to replace my barge bunted one.

Still some left…
…at NY Kayak from the MC, Mark…at least one KV Legend, one or two KV EVOs, and even a FG Legend.

I just ordered another (yup) kayak yesterday (Cetus LV - first shipment to US) so may be downgrading my ski to the KV model to save $1000. :frowning: But it sure won’t keep me from getting wet this weekend!