This is The Sea

This is the Sea Too
well, as I’ve had a direct request to respond to this thread then I thought I would! I know the Waterboys songs and I think they are a really great band - I even saw them sing live once. I did actually write to them to ask about permission to use the song “This is the Sea” in the first DVD but the letter got returned to me and I never followed it up (yet!).

I’m sorry that you’re not thrilled by what you see, Mr Seadart, but at least that’s one less person crowding the great seapaddling spots. I love surf kayaking too and I think I met Vince when I was in the England surf kayak team in the 2000 world championships in Santa Cruz ( I think it was 2000, time flies!!) But one thing I love about sea kayaking is that you don’t have to drive around beach after beach looking for good waves, you don’t need rain to make it good, and you hardly ever have to queue to play in the tidal races!

rant over!

As for the accronym - of course it has occured to me - although after I chose the name! I’m reminded of it every time I have to type out the full name ‘This is the Sea’ for fear of offending someone or giving them the wrong idea about what I 've got on offer! Greg - you’re giving away all my secrets, but at least I had a bit of buoyancy to counter the crticism about lack of PFDs!

Sorry did not mean to be negative…

– Last Updated: Oct-22-05 7:28 PM EST –

Keep up the good work.

(but more rock gardens and less surfing on 2' waves.)

I had a chance to visit Wales this summer and spent a great day getting shown the sites of Cardiff by some locals, no surfing though, I actually surf in Cardiff CA USA.

Also any of your trips to Orkney in TITS I or TITS II? I saw a mention of a trip paddling around Orkney in your blog. After I visited there for several days it's something I want to do. Not very easy to get set up with kayaks though when you don't belong to a local club and you are coming from the States.

Great Job!
Love your T.I.T.S.! It’s ok about the padding too. We kayakers are a sick bunch, we were staring at the boats the whole time.

…thanks, Justine!
I didn’t think you would reply - but its good to see you “wade-in” after all! Bantering about on this board is sort of like kayaking in LI sound in January…shocking at first, but after a while you go numb and don’t mind it anymore!

Thanks - and looking forward to seeing the new video and the cutting room floor snippits as well.

Scott

Lack of PFD’s

– Last Updated: Oct-22-05 7:48 PM EST –

I must have watched TITS a hundred time before I even noticed the lack of PFD's. Guess I was too busy looking at the other scenery. LOL.

quicktime problem
Hey,

Every time I’ve tried loading this video (sanddollar.mov) I get sound but no video. quicktime is updated and I don’t seem to have the issue with any other file. Anyone else have the issue or know a solution?