Where does everyone purchase 303? Can you get it places like Lowes or Homedepot? Also, do you spray just the outside hull? Or the inside too of an RX canoe? Does it make it all slipery like armorall would?

Campmor
It’s kind of a specialty product. A “high end” outdoor store might be the place to look. Or you could order it online from campmor.

It does’t make things (like polyethylene) a bit slippery.

No place locally huh? I was going to pick some up today so I could treat my boat before tomorrows outing.

Try
EMS if there is one nearby. West Marine or other marine stores often have it.

Cool! West Marine is right across the street, and EMS is a little ways down the road. Thanks!

Remember that the inside/outside
vinyl skin of Royalex provides UV protection on its own. Eventually the vinyl may lose color and get chalky, but even then, it is protecting the UV sensitive ABS underneath.

I don’t know anyone who treats the inside of a Royalex boat with 303. After my Royalex boats got kinda old, I started using 303 on the outside. But I’ve switched to a 3M yacht wax that stays on longer and also has UV protection.

I agree
I don’t thing 303 lasts long at all on a boat. Washes right off. I just use it on UV sensitive rubber stuff, like hatch covers and drysuit gaskets. I’d use a marine wax on your boats, though I’ve only used it on royalex or fiberglass. I just keep plastic boats out of the sun when not in use.

I heard it was a good thing to put on to protect your boat. I’ve also heard it makes your boat faster, which would be great. I’m taking my Pack out on the local lake tomorrow and cant wait to totally smoke those punk sea kayakers! I’ve already ordered stickers for my stern that read “Suck my wake”.

Prepare to be embarrassed!
" I’ve also heard it makes your boat faster, which would be great. I’m taking my Pack out on the local lake tomorrow and cant wait to totally smoke those punk sea kayakers!"

Prepare to be embarrassed!

303 sucks
leaves a oil slick all around you in the water. I quit using it.

I thought
I thought it only goes on the rubber hatch covers.

And you thought B&B was rough?
Wait for it…

my experience with 303 is
that i really like the product…easy to use. i find that it can and did make my boat slippery and my boat is made from corelite. also, be careful if you use a sprayskirt, mine didn’t want to stay on after making the mistake of putting 303 all over the boat including the combing. i had to use rubbing alcohol on it to remove it . any way just my 2 cents.

303 has to be rubbed down to avoid
leaving a trail in the water. I found that if I put 303 or Armorall on in bands, the bands were still visible after paddling, so evidently some of it does stay on the boat.

I still prefer 3M yacht waxes.

West Marine

Got my 3M UV wax there too.

Ace Hardware
I’ve had good luck at Ace Hardware - fair prices also

I use 303 all the time and like it
Cheers,

JackL

Canvas Shop
I have seen 303 at at a shop that makes awnings and boat covers.

I agree with Nate Hanson’s comment
I agree

Posted by: NateHanson on Apr-02-10 10:57 AM (EST)

I don’t thing 303 lasts long at all on a boat. Washes right off. I just use it on UV sensitive rubber stuff, like hatch covers and drysuit gaskets. I’d use a marine wax on your boats, though I’ve only used it on royalex or fiberglass. I just keep plastic boats out of the sun when not in use.