You need to learn why and what equipment before trying this if you want it to be useful. Suffice to say you went light on safety gear.
You can get a lot of ideas from reading resources on this site. https://paddling.com/learn/category/

Thank you Celia for your feedback, its much appreciated. I shall go and rewrite and improve this article, especially regarding safety gear.

The article is full of Amazon affiliate links. This is a great way to start off on the wrong foot with a great community of paddlers.

I’ll save others the need to click the link by saying only four items, and only one of each, are mentioned.

Gloves, anchor, poncho, video camera.

Decide for yourselves.

Hi Sparky, Thank you for your comments.

I wrote this article for people who are just starting to get into kayaking and canoeing and so may be looking for new equipment which may help them out.

I’m sorry if this has got me off on the wrong foot with the community, I’m seeking advise from the vast pool of knowledge it has. I’m not tying to sell to the people in this community as I know most have all the equipment they need and a lot shall have more experience than me on the water.

I shall look at including more items of the same type, so giving people more variety while on my site.

Thank you for your advise, If you have any other ways in which I can improve my content i’m always happy to hear them.

I strongly recommend spending a lot of time reading past threads here to educate yourself before you try to educate others.

Another way to start out right is to remove purchasing links from your article and cultivate trust with your audience before you try to get paid for your efforts.

Accessories are nice if you survive to use them. Pumps, emergency signals, radios, good PFDs , tow lines, and knifes along with a compass or GPS might get you back home so you can post that Go Pro video.

Thank you all for your comments and feedback. Anyone who has clicked on the link can probably tell that this is site is new.
From the comments its clear what content I need to add and improve.

Cheers everyone :slight_smile:

Your humility is admirable. I wish you the best in your future endeavors.

How do you even wear a raincoat in a kayak?

As your site states: “Product Review Lad is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for site to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com

You have already violated the policies of this forum by attempting to exploit it for personal profit. We would be justified in reporting you to the admin and having you blocked, mate.

Why don’t you remove your post and linger instead as a humble citizen instead of a shill for Amazon? You will learn more about REAL kayaking necessities that way.

No topic ever is a .