Total Eclipse 2017 - August 21 - Canoe Camping in TN, NC, or SC

I’m looking for a river for a 2 night, canoe or raft trip to coincide with the Total Eclipse on August 21. You can find the best viewing points for the eclipse on this Google Map. I’m looking for something in the Eastern Tennessee, Western NC, or SC area. So far, the Enoree and Tyger rivers seem to be good options.

Any suggestions here?

Check out the Seneca River in SC

I recommend Lake Jocassee in SC. It’s right in the main path of the eclipse. Not only is it a gorgeous lake with clear water the state park has camping sites only accessable by water. There are numerous waterfalls into the lake that you can paddle to. You can also rent kayaks if need be.

Check out the South Folk of the New River. The is the New River State Park. Plenty of places to put in. Will warn the are several low bridges you may not be able to get under and have to portage around. Canoed it a couple of times. 50 Miler for Boy Scouts.

I agree with “simple kayaker”
The New River has several paddle in camp sites
Also if you opt for a Lake’ Lake James has state park paddle in campsites

I don’t know what type of water you are looking to paddle, but you might consider the Little Tennessee if you want to paddle a river. The 24 mile stretch from Franklin, NC to Lake Fontana is suitable for overnight trips but it does have some Class II rapids.