Toyota Tundra Canoe Rack?

I know! I looked in the archive. My 1990 Pathfinder’s a/c finally gave it up and so I’m trading her in tomorrow for the Tundra 4 door. I have a Fulton Canoe Loader that I’d like to utilize? For short term I’ll use it as the rear support and put the front of the boat (16’) on the cab with foam blocks. So that’s the short term no more than 40 miles from home plan w/bow and stern lines.

I couldn’t be the only guy with this situation so has anyone come up with something that works well? I like the Fulton because I load the boat myself. I looked at the Spring Creek and Orchard Canoe stuff and it just looks a little pricey? I know it’s more pricey to see your boat bounce down the road… Would a Yakima or Thule permanent mount on the roof work better?

Thanks for the help and God Bless. Dwayne

Trac rac
I think thats the name. It slides in tracks that you mount along the bed. I have it on my Tundra and its a great system. I made V cradles for my surfski which is 21 feet long. Its easy to get up and tie down from the bed. Push the rear support forward and out of the way when you don’t want it, also great for carrying all sorts of things. The best combo I’ve had. clears the cab, so no problems there.

probably not enough length on the cab
To try to mount racks just on that.

I have a friend who has a Tundra who put one rack on the cab and has a cap with one rack on it.

I have both racks on the cap with fake raingutters. My truck matches my friends. Worse so do our canoes. He tried to get in to my truck at 3am. Thankfully we dont have matching keys.

However you are capless so try what you have

Ladder racks
I have used ladder racks on my pickups for years, the kind that look like inverted L’s and mount on one side of the bed. They’re easy to load. With the gate up, you can place the boat diagonally across the gate and side. Then, stand in the bed and it’s a low lift. Or, drop the gate and put the boat in the bed. Push down on the stern, leveraging the bow up onto the forward rack. Then, simply lift the stern onto the rear rack. Either way, it’s an easy one-person job. I extend the racks vertically with 18" of treated wood that slides in the end, so I can carry kayaks (3) on their sides. I wrap the crossbars with remnants of ourdoor carpet. Perhaps best of all, because they called “ladder,” they’re much, much cheaper than racks that are called “kayak,” “sport,” etc. They cost well under $200, even the stainless steel versions. Word of advice, bolt all connections and use backplates where you can. Some of these racks come with lag screws, which just don’t hold up.