Trak 2.0 - what's NOT to like about it

TRAK claims to be shipping quite regularly now and claims they have resolved their issues. I am still happy I bought a used one 2 years ago, its a good boat and I enjoy it but I would never buy from Trak, they “appear” dishonest to me, they may not be as people are getting their boats but they sure have a bad reputation.

Having said that, when I bought my 2.0 kit upgrade (again used) they did honor the warranty, at least in words, never had a chance to use the warranty as the boat is pretty well put together.

2 Likes

They are taking full price orders now for the next production run with claimed delivery in May 2024. But according to the update below, they are still struggling to fill orders placed before 2023. So if you order now, I wouldn’t expect May. Personally, I wouldn’t be confident about getting anything in 2024.

Most companies who build to order take a deposit to get in line, but Trak are asking full price and haven’t been truthful about delivery dates. They are using customer money as a zero interest loan to finance their operations while promising a boat in the future. As long as the business is steady, you’ll get your boat. But if demand wanes and they get into some difficulty, I worry a lot of buyers are going to get stiffed.

4 Likes

Based on everything said in this forum I have decided to order a Trak 2.0 kayak. I have found a shop in The Netherlands, called Outdoorxl. After having contact with them I ordered one and it got delivered a few days later. If anybody needs a Trak 2.0 kayak and doesn’t want to wait, I can highly recommend them.