Trak Kayak Featured, perfect solution?

Ally of Norway
has a folding touring boat that can change rocker as well. And it’s an 18’er – for about $3000. Looks like a decent boat. Its main draw back is the long assembly time. I also like that the Ally boat dosen’t have sponsons. (One less thing to go wrong.) You add your own float bags under the zippered deck.

That’s Bergans of Norway
with the Ally 560.

hmmmm, much money for sure
being a Wisper owner I watched the video and did my ‘mental’ comparison to the Wisper…then I looked at the stats…the Trak weighs 47 pounds empty, the Wisper 33 (with light skin), packed the Trak weighs 58! OUCH, one of the big selling points to me with the Wisper was the 33 pound weight…so I’m thinking the skin of the Trak must be a much much heavier weight hypolon…

The quoted assembly time is good at 10mins for the Trak,I can do the Wisper now in 20min, 25-28 to add floatation bags and inflatable hip pads…

I did notice that the Trak DID NOT have perimeter deck lines…quite nice to have on a kayak in a rescue situation.

One of the beauties of the Wisper is the ability to remove the rib behind the cockpit—the Dubside mod–rendering a ‘rolling machine’ as Dubside puts it…so I would wonder if the Trak has this same capability?

I did notice a leasing program to help purchase the boat-maybe stock options on the lease might help too :slight_smile:

The only thing I want to know is what paddle was being used in the video? an Aqua-Bound?

Trak Kayaks
Yikes is right! Overpriced! Other problems, though more fundamental to kayak design, dimensions ratio out of whack. As well,blitz and advert. is to get investors, which will be holding the short end of the paddle. The sideways directional is useless. Apparently, images were computer doctored. Overall, things are not what they appear in the advert. or hype. Best to wait and see on this one! Deep-Six!

You’ve paddled one?
Fill us in!

HMMmmmmm ? your first post, no profile
hmmmmmmm.

Why don’t you invest Peter
It is only money.

TRAK T-1600
Just an update since this page is still ranking high on Google and many of the comments above contain pre-release speculation, misinformation, and outdated info…

The current retail price for this boat is $3399.

-The adjustable rocker is unique and effective. I regularly adjust this depending on conditions.

-The sideways directional adjustment is far from useless. In sustained open water crossings it can virtually erase weather helm.

-The TRAK does have perimeter deck lines.

-The skin is pretty burly. Whether or not it can withstand rocks is subject to a number of variables. I’ve happened upon a few and escaped with little more than surface abrasions.

I’ve written two reviews so far. I’ll add more as I spend more time in the boat. http://sailtotrail.com/tag/trak/

TRAK
just a quick update. the price is 3399, and the rocker is an incredible feature. It does change up to 5 inches bow and stern effectively making it a playboat and an expedition boat/touring boat. Two gear float bags, a special Reed sprayskirt, and a Reed Seasock completes the package. All you need is a paddle and pfd.

Don’t let the 16 ft length fool you. With the rocker down the water line is 15.5 feet! Check the waterline of most 17 or 18 ft boats.

Skin is incredibly tough. With such a high tensile strength it does not stretch which is what allows the rocker to change because as pressure is applied the frame has only one way to go. Can’t do that with a regular truck tarp. I know. I built two.

I got a black one. :slight_smile:

Paul