traveling with paddles...

Hi

I am traveling by airplane and will be renting a kayak at my destination. It was suggested that I bring my own paddles, as they are lighter weight and of higher quality than then rentals I will have access to. However, I can’t figure out how to transport them and meet the airline security guidelines. They are a two piece werner mid-touring style. The airlines suggested that I put them in hard luggage that could be checked. I don’t have any hard luggage, let alone something three feet long! What do ohers do?

I probably won’t bother for this trip as it is a one day trip through Topock Gorge, but would like to know what people do in case I ever go on a more extended paddles.

Thanks,

Pam

traveling with paddles
Thanks for all of the ideas!

Pam

traveling with paddles
Hi

I did manage to find a gun case- hard black plastic with foam lining. I took my paddles with me to make sure they would fit in the case I bought. Thet cosy me $25. Now I am going to have to find some sort of bumper sticker to put on my case that helps me feel not so out of character carrying a gun case:)

I know I will appreciate having my paddles as I enjoy Topock Gorge.

Thanks again everyone.

Pam

I use a hard ski bag that telescopes, I put my paddles in it plus all my other kayak gear. sportube.com/

I only travel with Home-made, multi-piece Greenland Paddles.

I have them in carbon too…experimenting with the picture inclusion.

OOPS…carbon

That’s an impressive quiver Roy. With only 8 paddles I feel seriously underequipped!