Tsunami 145

I’m 6 foot 4, 240 lbs. Everything I read about the Tsunami 145 tells me its for large paddlers. I wear pants with a 36 inch inseam and I had a dealer tell me that I probably wont fit in it very well even though its made for larger paddlers. Anybody have any experience with this that’s approximately my size ? I really like the 145 from all the great reviews Ive read and I dont want a kayak any longer then that.

Hmm, probably best to sit in it.
The boat will handle your weight just fine.

I’ve got a 30" pants length - but, I slide down in a Tsunami and all-but napped on a quiet lake one day. I seem to recall that I had a fair amount of room past the foot pegs before I hit the bulkhead.

You may need to remove the foot pegs and just use foam on the bulkhead.

I dunno - best to try and sit in one.

I am 6’4" and 36" inseam, US 15 foot
and I had no problems fitting in the Tsunami 145 when I had one. Width and deck height is generous too, though from my 185 lb I can’t extrapolate to your 240.

If the only thing is the length of the foot pegs, that is easy to fix - just move the seat by one inch or so back (drill one hole on each side at a distance equal to the current distance b/w the two bolts on each side that hold the seat. But I think you will fit just fine. Try it with your paddling shoes though.

how about camping gear
I’m looking at the same boat. I’m also the same size. I would be interested to know if you can also get a weeks worth of camping gear in the boat? I don’t know if this will help, but I tried to get in a Tsunami 165 and couldn’t fit. The foot petals couldn’t go out any further.

you’ll fit
if necessary it’s EZ to move the seat back a bit. The capacity is 350lbs which is conservative. One issue we have had is with the rudder-ed model the cables are sometimes a bit short and long legged folks don’t fit. You can move the seat and/or lengthen the cables, both straightfwd jobs.

stevg

depends what you consider
a week’s worth of camping gear? :slight_smile: I’ve spent a week with my Tsu 140, carrying about 70 lbs of gear and food. The 145 I would guess has at least 10% more cargo space

Did you ever resolve this issue?
I’m 6’4"/240lbs with a 34" inseam, and I find it a super roomy boat with TONS of cargo space.

I’ve never had an issue with the distance to the pedals.