Tybee Island temps

there ya go
Yeah, I was mostly discussing group paddling… I’m not a big fan of surf either… and like the ocean… I usually go solo but hope to get some more people together for some more adventurous activity…

tides on the 28th
high tide 0810!

good run looks like Garris Landing to Dewees island, go out and paddle up the coast to the Capers island inlet. Be about 16 miles or so. stop at Capers for lunch and with low tide at 1400, leave about 3 or 4 and head back in.

Thinking I will bring the Tempest 170 as I don’t know the area and don’t want to inadvertently bang up a wooden boat first time out there.

anyway, looking forward to seeing a new area!

Paul

sounds great
wish you were joining us… maybe next time the meetup trip will fit in better with your schedule!

but I am coming with you.
I’m just going to do this one first this Saturday. I need to go soak my head in some salt water soon.

Your trip is on the 8th of march. I am as close to positive that I can be that I will be there.

Funny enough, I have a weekend camping trip on capers island the next weekend too so i guess i will get real familiar with this area.

paul

ok sounds good!

– Last Updated: Feb-26-09 12:41 PM EST –

Make it if you can. It's only 9 or 10 miles. Sometimes I wish it was longer but we have longer paddles also, and get out all the time.

The Caper's Island camping looks good! I checked out the website and it's managed by SCDNR.. that looks really good .. I know several people have been discussing camping trips.. I heard Tybee also has a good campsite..

Looks like I'll be out with LCP group on Sunday..