TYPICAL P-NET THREAD?

Here is my completely unscientific analysis of a typical p-net thread that manages to generate more than 10 responses:

43% of the answers will be responsive to the initial post and will actually provide useful advice.

42% of the responses will offer a friendly personal anecdote that is not responsive to the original question but does involve something to do with a canoe or kayak.

13% will be multiple posters arguing with each other’s advice.

1% will provide an opinion of how stupid the original post was without offering any advice.

1% will have the phrase “QCC” in the response.

The quality and quantity of the useful advice makes it well worth asking a question on this board. The unrelated personal anecdotes, arguing and occasional attack make it entertaining, especially if you are not the target.

Will Have To Check Your Stats
with PNet statician, Scupper Frank. Unless he concurs, I can only take the numbers with a grain of salt.

sing

Mathematically challenged.

Amusing

L
What, only 1 percent for QCCs, It shouldn’t be more like 5%!!

QCC,
Just want to make sure the 1% is accounted for.

HEX

this post is stupid…
but it reminds me of the time when i was repairing the backband of my kayak… :slight_smile:

you never
repaired the backband of your qcc kayak, but I have taken courses in statistics.

LOL

QCC

Ya got one thing right
The Category. Equal rights for Bell, Mad-river, Swift, We-no-nah et-al., and don’t you dare say “what are those?” Yaks 95%, Pasheramoi(over on B&B)4%, CANOES 1%. No arguing, I took stat courses, remember.

I took a course in statistics once
There was a cute girl who sat in the row in front of me.

Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences
Anectdoal:

Had to take it to get my graduate degree.

Was lost from day one…

Thanks again to a sweet little blonde named Keely who tutored me, and helped me pull the C that I needed.

I think she ended up with a PhD in Psychology?

I still don’t know a damn thing about statistics, and now “it don’t matter”.

What was this thread about?

BOB

no you got it wrong
Keely sat in front of wkerriganoh, The girl who helped you was brunette, and you do remember more than you think about statistics, because by now you’re realizing you’ll never click on this thread again.My wife was a girl. Girls are cool. QCC

I think that you have…

– Last Updated: May-15-06 7:11 PM EST –

Acouple percentages mixed up... I'll fix it for ya:

13%..........of the answers will be responsive to the initial post and will actually provide useful advice.
42%.......... of the responses will offer a friendly personal anecdote that is not responsive to the original question but does involve something to do with a canoe or kayak.
43%.......... will be multiple posters arguing with each other’s advice.
1%........... will provide an opinion of how stupid the original post was without offering any advice.
1%........... will have the phrase “QCC” in the response.

Paddle easy,

Coffee

Hey Coffee, where’ve you been?
Come out and play again. I always enjoyed your threads. Those percentages looked something like this:

40% of the responses were people taking issue with your post

35% of the responese were people taking issue with you personally (based on previously taking issue with your posts)

24% were just trying to stir the pot, and

1% were new and couldn’t understand what all the fuss was about.

Ah, those were the days …

I took a course in…
…metaphysics, but I got caught cheating. I was

looking into the soul of the cute girl who sat

next to me.

right on
except my own personal opinion is 47%.

LMAO!!
I haven’t gone anywhere… I just don’t/haven’t seen much to post to.

I still miss the days where there were trip reports & gear evaluations, storys & photo sharing.

I still check in once a week or so, but more or less to click “mark as read”.

Paddle easy,

Coffee

I dated a girl named Keely, once
She wasn’t a paddler, though. She was a soccer playing barrista. I took her paddling in the tandem once. Her stroke was so awful I made her sit in the stern so I didn’t have to watch it. We broke up when I left her on the beach to paddle my friends new surf ski. I had forgotten all aobut her until this thread.