Uncommon Adventures Outfitter

Any experience with outfitter named Uncommon Adventures based in Michigan and their trips in Honduras?

Great people…
I haven’t gone on any of their trips but I’ve known Michael Gray for a few years and he’s amazing. He’s a great paddler and an unbelievable cook. Several friends of mine have taken his trips and have had nothing but good things to say. Nancy Thornton (one of his guides) is also top notch and a great Greenland style paddler.

I definitely plan on taking one of Michael’s trips in the near future primarily for the food. :slight_smile:

Yes,

I took a trip to Isle Royale in September with Michael. He does a great job start to finish, and yes the food is good too. It’s nice to let someone else do all the planning, but he is also very flexible with those plans. Highly recommended.

You can check out my pictures here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/560640981pyZhbx

Sharon

When you see him next …
Please tell him I am still waiting for the money he made selling my demo paddle without my approval or permission. I know this happened because I have spoken to the guy who bought it from him.

onnopaddle
It might be more appropriate

to contact him yourself.

Contact information is on his website.

Happy New Year

Sharon

Hi Sharon, that was done many moons ago.

good recommendation
Did an Alaskan expedition with Michael a few years ago and was very impressed with the professionalism and the planning and the safety considerations, as well as the cooking. He’s been doing this for awhile and knows his stuff. You will get your money’s worth, guaranteed. Cheers

Uncommon Adventures

– Last Updated: Jan-02-08 3:04 PM EST –

Hi Kevin, I hope you are well and have been doing a lot of fun paddling lately.

Kevin and I went on a trip to Shuyak Island, Alaska with Michael Gray and Tom Pogson in 2006. I also paddled with Michael and Tom in 2005 at Kenai Fjords, Alaska. Michael is a really nice guy, a solid trip leader and did an excellent job organizing these trips. He is also a superb cook. I eat better on his trips than when I'm at home.

I would try to pick a week that both Michael and Tom will be leading the trip in Honduras. Tom, who runs Alaska Kayak School, is participating this year and is a top notch paddler as well as an all around great guy.

Enjoy!