under deck bag?

-- Last Updated: Dec-27-06 10:36 AM EST --

Anyone out there using the CD/Wenonah Pica Boo Bag???a little small for a nalge bottle.......
i have one uninstalled sitting in the basement....a gift awhile back....
http://tinyurl.com/tp3bx

i would really like a hard under deck space with a top hatch....but i am fearful about cutting the hole in the deck...i know a guy who has no fear about that though...i am not certain abot how the ks or the vcp box would fit a tempest...anyone????

yeah i know i posted about this a bit back....did not know if anyone was getting ready for a winter re-fit.....

thanks
rob

i got an email from KS
about a box…

there are now 2 designs…one that is accessed only through the deck (cut a hole insert a hatch)

and the older standard…

and two sizes of each…

looks like they are getting better at this idea now!!!

\

Wouldn’t surprise me if P&H
is using this new through the deck KS on the Cetus. Haven’t seen the proto however, so don’t know which size, if they are using it.

the newer ks underdeck box
looks like a blister…a big black blister…hmm…

heavy mesh bag from REI
search around for a 5"x5"x14" or so heavy mesh bag with a drawstring closure. Replace the drawstring with 1/8" bungie and put in a figure eight knot. It’ll stay closed when you pull it tight and open up with two hands.

Get a stiff rectangular piece of plastic to hold the bags shape, maybe 10"x 5-6" with mounting hardware holding the mesh bag up flat against the underside of the deck.

It’ll hang down with a bottle in it but not far. I’ve stuffed mine with VHF, snack bars, and misc. stuff. Been ejected in surf and the bag stayed closed.

Mesh is better than fabric bags because it dries out and if things get hot it won’t poach the contents as much.

kajaksport mini-under deck box…

– Last Updated: Dec-27-06 10:37 AM EST –

after long hard deliberation i have decided that i am probably going to be ordering one direct from them....the bag idea is neat but i like the bracing aspect of the box as well....might actually hang a bag in the day hatch as a ditch thing....the cd pikaboo bag might be perfect for that....

http://tinyurl.com/y6edq8

anyone else want one????want to combine shipping????let me know...going to order in January.....

i talked to the parts guy over there and he said that he seriously doubts that there are any for sale in this country......

rob