update on carolina rudder issue

Hey all

Just thought I would update you all on my Perception Carolina with or without rudder issue. I took the first rudderless kayak back and exchanged it for one with a rudder - no charge. The Alder Creek people were very good about it. While there, I picked up a WS Tsunami 145. This was actually the one I wanted in the first place. I think I must have tried the 120 which I was unable to fit in. I had a little trouble with the 145 but did manage to get my legs in this time! Haven’t had it on the water yet but am anxious to see how I do with it. I really like the Carolina - very stable which I think is important for a newbie. Got the Tsunami so my husband/kids/friends could go with me so I don’t have to paddle alone. I hope it is as stable as the Carolina (husband is swimming challenged) Anyone out there ever paddled both of these kayaks and can give me a comparison run down?

Congrats !!
You did the right thing.

Since you are the third person that I have heard the same story about the hidden blem, etc, it sure makes me wonder what Perception is trying to pawn off on the unsuspecting newbies.

Cheers,

JackL

Congrats
on your purchase. I have a Tsunami 120 and love my boat, and it incredibly stable. Check out this thread:

http://www.paddling.net/message/showThread.html?fid=advice&tid=677191

for some comparisons and thoughts on the Tsunami 125 and Carolina 120, should help you out.

Enjoy your new boats, now get out there and get wet!!

Happy paddling…

Kevin