Upper Current This Weekend

I know it’s short notice but I have a group doing Cedar Grove to Round Spring this coming weekend. We’ll meet at Cedar Grove late Saturday morning to rig (hopefully have shuttle set already but if not set shuttle) and launch. Will most likely be canoes, kayaks and rafts. Very leisurely pace with lots of stops for little side hikes. Love to have you along, so let me know if you’re interested.

How Many Days You going to Be Out?

– Last Updated: Feb-09-15 9:32 AM EST –

That's about 28 miles and days still pretty short. Water levels low, so not much current right now, so it may be a bit more than "Leisurely" for two days?
Sure wish I could have a weekend off work!

Three Days, Terry.
Launching Saturday and taking out Monday. Some people think Monday is Presidents Day but it’s actually National Current River Day.

I would like to
but probably won’t be able to, Luke. My wife will be out of town and I will have my dogs. Right now, it looks as if if will be too cold to bring my small dogs but if the weather report changes for the more favorable I will let you know.

Sounds good, Pete.
Terry’s comment regarding the level prompted me to do something I should have done long ago; check the gauge. I don’t think I’ve ever done it this low. The group is exploring the possibility of moving to the middle Buff but a consensus hasn’t been made yet. I’ll only make a unilateral decision if asked to but will keep you posted for sure.

Will be boney…

– Last Updated: Feb-09-15 5:16 PM EST –

No rain in forecast for Eminence area for the next 6 or 7 days.

Supposed to drop down to 10 degrees Saturday night.

If the Buffalo had water; I'd consider the Buffalo as an alternative.

Or, you could just................"go for it" .

Take care,

cold and boney
sounds a lot like a northern pike

Yeah, the soul searching has
been completed and the Current is out. It’s now a matter of deciding between middle Buff and Eleven Point. Right now temps are forecast to be five or six degrees warmer on the Buff and it’s a little closer so if I were a betting man that’d be my bet. Game time call though. I’ll keep this thread updated.

Or, as my pop would say,
“Kinda reminds me of a girl I used to date.”

Eleven Point!
We’ll launch at Greer Spring some time Saturday and take out at Riverton Sunday or Monday depending what the forecast looks like. Monday’s literally changing by the minute. Assuming it’s not taken (can’t imagine anyone else being crazy enough to be out) we’ll camp on the big high banked island above Horseshoe Bend Float Camp and lay over there weather permitting.